Pain in sternum

  1. Professional Member
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,466
    Rep Power
    1861615
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    69.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Pain in sternum


    I love doing dips, I used to be able to attach 135lb for sets but lately whenever I do them I have a sharp pain in my sternum, it's doesn't subside for a couple days and its not pleasant! Even with just bodyweight I'm having the same issue.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? If so how did you go about recovery?

  2. Senior Member
    OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    466002
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    18.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    did your sternum pop at one point?

    look up costochondritis
  3. Professional Member
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,466
    Rep Power
    1861615
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    69.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    did your sternum pop at one point?

    look up costochondritis
    Not that I can remember but it cracks quite frequently now, ill have to look that up tonight thanks man!
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    466002
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    18.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post

    Not that I can remember but it cracks quite frequently now, ill have to look that up tonight thanks man!
    yea it happened to me about a year ago. it just popped while i was stretching on the couch and the worst pain ever occured. it subsided after a few weeks, and now it pops whenever i stretch it out. no pain anymore though. hopefully its the same with u

    i also did a lot of dips then. so that might be the culprit here
  5. Elite Member
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,583
    Rep Power
    7366197
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    10.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post

    yea it happened to me about a year ago. it just popped while i was stretching on the couch and the worst pain ever occured. it subsided after a few weeks, and now it pops whenever i stretch it out. no pain anymore though. hopefully its the same with u

    i also did a lot of dips then. so that might be the culprit here
    This happens to me. Actually thought I tore a Pec doing flat bench dumbbells. It pops from time to time now but no pain.

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Pain in forearms
    By 2cAnnons in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 01:30 AM
  2. Pain in the ass "literally"
    By Big Tough in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 07:04 PM
  3. Sharp pain in lower abs with squats and DL
    By hypo in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 01:40 AM
  4. Pain in lower back.
    By Bennett in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-14-2004, 12:06 AM
  5. Shrugs Causing Pain in Lower Back?
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2004, 07:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in