No spot for the bench ?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    This, so this! I lift early in the morning by myself so there isn't any staff at the gym anyways. So you just learn to adapt, you can still push yourself. Just gotta know how to do it safely.
    dont get me wrong, I completely agree! My only point was that if you are at a gym and there is a staff member that says no, it's pretty lame IMO. And also that there are the occasions when, at least anyone I know, could use a spotter. Most of the time, I am just fine without one, but sometimes it's necessary

2. I have no problem spotting anybody at the gym. Better to be safe then sorry. If you end up with weight crashing down on you you're going to be wishing you asked for that spot. However you definitely dont need to go to failure on bench. Feel free to leave 1 or 2 reps in the tank
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    dont get me wrong, I completely agree! My only point was that if you are at a gym and there is a staff member that says no, it's pretty lame IMO. And also that there are the occasions when, at least anyone I know, could use a spotter. Most of the time, I am just fine without one, but sometimes it's necessary
    Oh I agree with that too! Very lame of a staff member to turn you down for that. You;d think they'd rather do that than most of the crap they have to do at a gym.

4. I'm definitely not trying to say if you have a spotter your a jackass but you shouldn't rely on one every time you're in the gym. Also ever think about what happens when you fail on that last rep and your spotter doesn't catch it soon enough?? You need to learn when to hang up the weights is all I'm getting at.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. looking for the best pump w/nos ether and hemodraulix
    By bdpeck in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 04:06 PM
  2. Jon Lester throws a no-hitter for the red sox!!!
    By Trauma1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 01:10 PM
  3. Maybe no SERM for the next one
    By Brian5225 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 11:05 PM
  4. its official no more T.O. for the eagles
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 11:59 PM