High BF% questions on lifting

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.37%

High BF% questions on lifting

Afternoon everyone.

I'm 5 '10 260 24%bodyfat (yes I know extremely high)

I've been doing a 5 day split training routine for 8 weeks now and I'm seeing great results, to build muscle and strength but obviously the goal would be to cut bodyfat. My question to you folks is this:

I really want to get stronger. More weight on the bar and so forth, will my goals of trimming body fat be hindered by this? I've seen some progress in the past two month of body far decrease almost 2 % will that slow down? Or can I keep the same types of routines going.

I'm taking in roughly 2800-3k cals a day 260-300g of protein coming from Tilapia, Ground Turkey, Whey and of course Eggs and Chicken.

I appreciate any and all replies.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.2%

I believe that as long as your in a slight deficit and following a nice consistent routine you will drop fat. If I had to recommend an exercise, I could only say that making sure your performing at least one compound movement set a day doesn't hurt either.
    CTD Labs Product Ambassador/Board Rep
    5% off CTD Labs products at NutraPlanet use code -
    CTDNP5
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.37%

Quote Originally Posted by cedman1 View Post
    I believe that as long as your in a slight deficit and following a nice consistent routine you will drop fat. If I had to recommend an exercise, I could only say that making sure your performing at least one compound movement set a day doesn't hurt either.
    I appreciate your response.

http://www.**********************/wor...ing-split.html

I've been following the plan above and love the intensity of it, incase anyone was curious.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.96%

Quote Originally Posted by goberzerk View Post
    Afternoon everyone.

I'm 5 '10 260 24%bodyfat (yes I know extremely high)

I've been doing a 5 day split training routine for 8 weeks now and I'm seeing great results, to build muscle and strength but obviously the goal would be to cut bodyfat. My question to you folks is this:

I really want to get stronger. More weight on the bar and so forth, will my goals of trimming body fat be hindered by this? I've seen some progress in the past two month of body far decrease almost 2 % will that slow down? Or can I keep the same types of routines going.

I'm taking in roughly 2800-3k cals a day 260-300g of protein coming from Tilapia, Ground Turkey, Whey and of course Eggs and Chicken.

I appreciate any and all replies.
    That is a small contradiction, although possible in extreme cases. If you really want to get stronger you will need to add muscle. Adding muscle while losing fat is extremely difficult. At that high of a body fat, you really need to focus on burning body fat via high intensity lifting/ lowering your rest times/ adding HIIT or circuit training/ cardio of some sort. I would make sure you are in a calorie deficit and start getting rid of that body fat. Once you trim down and start seeing definition, you wont care that your lifts have stayed the same or even dropped a little. After you get leaner, then focus on adding size that will actually be visible. You dont just want to pack muscle under fat. If you add size first, you will most likely lose most of it anyway when you go to cut.

If you are really only 8 weeks into lifting, you will probably get stronger whatever goal you are pursuing but you need to cut body fat more than adding muscle.
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.94%
    Achievements Activity Pro

6 1/2 giving you some good input.... I just came off a cut where my max didn't go up the number of reps did..... I actually felt stronger and was doing more reps. It seems like my body ran more efficiently at less weight due to a cut in bf and a clean diet.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Questions on how to start lifting equipped...
    By Big Drez in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 08:59 PM
  2. Question on lifting
    By Davidlee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 02:42 AM
  3. Questions on supersets and other forms of lifting
    By monstarr33 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 07:05 AM
  4. A little question on the little high of PEA