Long distance running and muscle
- 10-22-2013, 12:39 PM
- 10-22-2013, 04:16 PM
10-22-2013, 04:19 PM
10-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Depends on your running history.
If you have run before, training for a half marathon should not subject you to stresses that are totally out of your comfort zone.
If you have not, then ramping up for a half will probably hit you harder.
BCAA's are a good idea, but won't stop muscle loss.
And I wouldn't plan on gaining. I am happy if I can mostly maintain in race season
10-23-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm not gonna be training to the extreme, like 1 or 2 runs a week, the half marathon is just for fun, and I'm going to be eating a lot?
10-23-2013, 07:20 PM
In that case, I wouldn't worry about muscle wasting--but I still would not plan on trying to gain until afterwards. Best to focus on one goal at a time.
BCAA's are a good idea regardless
10-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By UKNoko in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 5Last Post: 04-15-2012, 05:55 PM
- By dougiedf in forum SupplementsReplies: 9Last Post: 09-17-2009, 05:11 PM
- By LakeMountD in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 04-08-2006, 03:31 PM
- By runfast in forum SupplementsReplies: 17Last Post: 04-03-2006, 11:21 PM
- By runnerkguy in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 10-03-2005, 02:43 PM