Help me please

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. That should be plenty of equipment to get you started on starting strength. Look up a template. Buy the book if you can, 7$ on amazon. It's a simple program all it really requires is a barbell. After a month or two youll probably need more weight though.

2. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    That should be plenty of equipment to get you started on starting strength. Look up a template. Buy the book if you can, 7$ on amazon. It's a simple program all it really requires is a barbell. After a month or two youll probably need more weight though.
    Which edition?? Loo
    •   

3. I have the 2nd edition. But any of them will do.

4. To me, the muscle pairings you're doing are a bit off. Heres what I do....On Monday, Wednesdays and fridays I do arms, legs and shoulders. On Tuesdays and thursdays I do chest, back, and neck. I do abdominal exercises every day, monday through friday.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Billy R View Post
    To me, the muscle pairings you're doing are a bit off. Heres what I do....On Monday, Wednesdays and fridays I do arms, legs and shoulders. On Tuesdays and thursdays I do chest, back, and neck. I do abdominal exercises every day, monday through friday.
    So you basically do bicep and tricep work 5 days in a row, every week.
    •   

6. lol thats what i got out of it too. tried to abandon stupid thread, but got baited back in

7. It had to be a joke right?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Billy R View Post
    To me, the muscle pairings you're doing are a bit off. Heres what I do....On Monday, Wednesdays and fridays I do arms, legs and shoulders. On Tuesdays and thursdays I do chest, back, and neck. I do abdominal exercises every day, monday through friday.
    What do you do for neck day?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    What do you do for neck day?
    First of all, forgive me if I call an exercise something different than its called today. Although I'm new here, I have been in the iron game for over 25 years and some of my terms might be kinda old....But anyway, for neck work I primarily do neck flexions and lateral flexions. Sometimes I use self resistance, sometimes I'll hold a plate in my hand, but primarily I use the head harness with plates on the bottom.

10. I looking at a lot of magazines and some guys work on chest on day, shoulders another, triceps and biceps on another, legs on another, and back on another... 5 days and them rest sat and sun... I heard that one is good enough

11. Quote Originally Posted by sk1017 View Post
    I looking at a lot of magazines and some guys work on chest on day, shoulders another, triceps and biceps on another, legs on another, and back on another... 5 days and them rest sat and sun... I heard that one is good enough
    fitness magazines are probly the worst source for knowledge

we already told you what to read. dont waste your time on fitness magazines

12. Quote Originally Posted by sk1017 View Post
    I looking at a lot of magazines and some guys work on chest on day, shoulders another, triceps and biceps on another, legs on another, and back on another... 5 days and them rest sat and sun... I heard that one is good enough
    My workout is based on the agonist/antagonist muscle theory. Think of it this way...Muscle only work in one direction, for instance in the bicep curl the bicep is good only for bringing the weight towards your shoulder, to bring it back down requires the tricep (or else gravity). By controlling the weight on the way down (also known as "Getting the negative")You effectively exercise a second set of muscles. Thats why I pair muscle groups the way I do....... If I had to recommend one book to you, it would be "Getting Stronger" by Bill Pearl. The book came out when I was about your age, and it changed my life.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. help me please (shoulder injury)
    By wantmoresize in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 07:49 AM
  2. U bodybuilders can help me...Please look
    By Under Repair in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 11:19 PM
  3. Someone help me, Please Critique my diet.
    By Fun2Train in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
  4. Someone help me, Please Critique my diet.
    By Fun2Train in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 12:35 AM
  5. M5AA cycle, loss in strength? help me please
    By PIOTREK in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 09:02 AM