- 10-17-2013, 12:52 AM
I was reading up on this idea of fasted cardio and was curious what others thought. I read it on the t-nation website, and while they used the article to promote one of their supps, a simple replacing of their product with another BCAA intra workout would work. Has anyone read any studies on this type of training? And the reason behind my questioning is I am about 3 weeks out from my first show and need to shed a few extra lbs of BF quickly.
- 10-17-2013, 11:10 AM
The amount of calories burned between a fasted state vs. a fed sate will ideally be the same. The main advantage to a fasted state is the notion that since insulin levels are low, the body can better tap into fat cells for energy.
There have been studies from both sides that tout one or the other is better, it really just comes down to what works best for an individual.
For myself, I love doing fasted cardio. I'm currently following Lean gains , and have found that the extended fast+cardio has been beneficial.
If you don't know who Lyle McDonald is you should check him out, possibly one of the smartest physiologist/nutritionist/dieticians. He says that unless you are already at a low bf% (10% or less) then the time of day or state of feeding really won't matter.
If your interested more check out Lyle's Stubborn Fat protocol.
- 10-17-2013, 11:20 AM
10-17-2013, 11:27 AM
10-17-2013, 11:31 AM
10-17-2013, 11:49 AM
10-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By EasyEJL in forum SupplementsReplies: 17Last Post: 11-23-2010, 10:27 AM
- By C0rk in forum Weight LossReplies: 13Last Post: 09-08-2007, 09:46 PM
- By ItsHectic in forum Weight LossReplies: 24Last Post: 08-10-2007, 07:15 PM
- By ItsHectic in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 07-25-2007, 10:22 AM
- By bpmartyr in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-03-2006, 03:31 PM