Training partner

Matt857

Matt857

Awards
Hey ladies and gents ,
Bit of a dilemma what do I do with a ****ty training partner, I workout on my own for a while then my mate wanted to train together so I thought why not ?

But this guy cannot finish the session without complaining and I switched my times to suit him since he works late, I wait for him to msg to say is he is going, and most of the time he msgs and says no. Say 2 of the 4 times we should train, I don't have the heart to say I can't go with you anymore, but it pisses me off anyone bein in this position ??

I.e chest day he will say c'mon man we hit chest 3 times already can we do something else ?

And I get Imbaressed when I'm 2 times smaller then him and he can't bench press the damn bar grrrrrr

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Sack up and tell him you want to fly solo. If his feelings get hurt, tough sh*t

Guido1983

Guido1983

Banned
Awards
Sounds like he doesn't want to be there. Tell him straight up I like working out solo and I'm going start coming on my own.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
and if friends ask to lift with me, the first thing I say is "sure, but this is my workout"

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to tell him to quit being such a vaj.
If he doesn't want to hit chest tell him to either put up with it or he can do his own workout while he's there.

Also if you guys have a designated time, that means THAT'S LIFTING TIME.
If he's hesitant, he gets to show up late and alone.

I think you could possibly motivate him into being a great workout partner.

Me, I like lifting solo. If I need a spot, I'll ask for one. Otherwise it's me, metal in the headphones, and the iron.
I'm too impatient to accommodate for a partner.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree. I had a workout partner and i become more dedicated, while him less, so he is no longer my workout partner.

I would just do things on your own schedule. If he shows, great, you have a spot. If he says no...well he will see you blow by him and make a lame excuse about how he doesn't care or some ****.

Bottom line, hit the gym. You call your shots.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had to quit training with my cousin. 21/2 hours of ****ty training... I just tell her I can't make it because I'm working late. :)

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had thus years ago. And my guy did not want to do certain stuff and would just BS and stall thru the entire W/O.
I ended up doing a big chunk of my work before he got there.

Sack up and tell him you want to fly solo. If his feelings get hurt, tough sh*t
Probably what I was thinking too ^^^