Build traps?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

I use 25's. Any heavier and its awkward.
    I tried them today! I did it with 20's and I'm pretty sure turning my head tomorrow is going to hurt haha.

2. Farmer's walk every other day added the most mass to my traps, one of the most underrated exercises IMO. Great deadlift numbers....but you need to bulk to get more mass.
    •   

3. deads and a light sprinkling of rows, chin/pull-ups and shrugs.

So how tall are you?
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

4. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    deads and a light sprinkling of rows, chin/pull-ups and shrugs.

So how tall are you?
    I'm barely 5'3", but slowly shrinking haha. I was 5'3 and a quarter about a year ago, but I'm going down somehow.

5. Good deadlift leverage at least lol.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by MANdrew View Post
    I'm in the military, so most of my time is filled and I Only get about 30 minutes in the gym every day. Thanks for all the help, guys.
    Wait, what branch of the military is only affording you 30min a day to workout?

7. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Idk stubbornness I guess lol. I am a stickler for form and making sure that I am not just tossing weight around. If done properly upright rows can be a great way to skin the shoulder cat. I am not a fan of the ultra wide grip rows though they do def. put your shoulders in an un-natural range of motion.
    Its not the rotator cuff that becomes the issue, it is that the position of the shoulders at the height of the movement causes a narrowing of the subacromial space
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

8. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Wait, what branch of the military is only affording you 30min a day to workout?
    i second this question, actually...I call bs. Sorry man, not trying to sound like a dick, but if all you get is 30 mins, either your time management sucks, or your direct supervisor is a douche!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Why bother with them when the injury potential is so high? The most effective lift I've ever done for the upper back is the snatch-grip deadlift. The leverage is awful and hits the traps so much more effectively than traditional deads.
    This

Or try snatch pulls OP.
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

10. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    i second this question, actually...I call bs. Sorry man, not trying to sound like a dick, but if all you get is 30 mins, either your time management sucks, or your direct supervisor is a douche!!
    Marine corps. I'm in student status at the moment, we don't get much free time. I've had bad luck, I was in the infantry for about a year then tried for Recon, and I perforated my left eardrum and got dropped from the program and didn't qualify for the infantry anymore, so now I'm stuck in beautiful North Carolina with a bunch of boots who **** our liberty all the time, so I only get to work out either on lunch break or right after the work day because we have accountability issues here. It's retarded.

11. Ok....student status is a whole different ball game. Dealing with boots and trainees sucks ass, so yeah the leash is pretty tight. What's your rank? If you have a stripe or 2 over the other students you should be able to play that card to draw some free time, again, unless your Sgt is a douche.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Ok....student status is a whole different ball game. Dealing with boots and trainees sucks ass, so yeah the leash is pretty tight. What's your rank? If you have a stripe or 2 over the other students you should be able to play that card to draw some free time, again, unless your Sgt is a douche.
    Yeah, they all act like second grade kids on recess when we finally get released for the night. You'd think there'd be a level of maturity that comes with the title they earn, but hey... I guess not. And I'm just a lance corporal, an E3, it's almost impossible to pick up NCO in the infantry unless you reenlist or you somehow get like the MOH haha. But I'm in charge of them all, they're all my Marines, which is why I have like no time. You have to make personal sacrifices for the welfare of those you're in charge of, and unfortunately my gym time is one of the sacrifices.

13. Look up videos on Bartendaz, Highlandaz, Harlem Sealz, G.I.A.N.T., D3Hundred, Calisthenics Kingz, Barstarzz, Adam Raw, on you tube. This will help you utilize your time around the bArracks and use your body weight to develop an elite physique without the gym. Good luck.
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 05:41 PM
  2. How to build a huge middle back/trap?
    By jasonk202 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 04:43 PM
  3. Post-Workout Foods to Build Muscle
    By DarCSA in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 03:42 PM
  4. AAS Build Mass NOT Aggression
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 10:32 PM
  5. Glucosamine for Knees Evidence Builds