Any Boxers Out There?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thinking of getting back into boxing but wanted to see if this super cardio sport will take away from my bulk/lifting progress. I know the calorie expenditure will need an increase in food consumption but is there any truth that high cardio inhibits putting on muscle mass? Research that I've read seems inconclusive so wanted some real world feedback.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
just east more and you will be fine on gaining mass. its not to different than guys with very physical jobs that are bodybuilders. they still get big as long as they eat enough.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thinking of getting back into boxing but wanted to see if this super cardio sport will take away from my bulk/lifting progress. I know the calorie expenditure will need an increase in food consumption but is there any truth that high cardio inhibits putting on muscle mass? Research that I've read seems inconclusive so wanted some real world feedback.

Just increase calories and to answer your question it won't. I've competed in a few tourneys, where I had to go down and up in weight. If size is your goal/moving up weight classes, it can be accomplished with the correct diet.