Gym incentive ideas

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
No idea where this post belongs.

Any of you fellas got some cool gym ideas to get members fired up, or interest new ones?

What I mean is ideas like
-weight-loss challenges
-refer a member
-strongest lift of the month

ya know, fun little competitions that can be aimed towards the general gym go-er.

Thanks!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm doing an essay on heathy eating vs. fad diets. I thought I would have tons of knowledge because of my experience but I have the biggest writer's block right now. I'll wait to see what people have to say on this thread. :D

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing an essay on heathy eating vs. fad diets. I thought I would have tons of knowledge because of my experience but I have the biggest writer's block right now. I'll wait to see what people have to say on this thread. :D
haha! np :)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to do the monthly fitness challenges when I was fitness coordinator at the Y. I alternated "cardio" based and "strength" based challenges. I did fastest time to 100 push ups, fastest time to 1000 meters on Concept II, most reps on leg press with 1.5x body weight, stuff like that. I would alternate to get different people interested and had a lot of friendly competition rise among our members from it. Turned into a big success for us, especially after we added a suggestion sheet for new challenges on the results board where we kept track of the challenge, the rules, the participants and their results and rankings. I also ammended the board so that next months challenge was on there. We had people start training for next months challenge after that. Just some ideas for you.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I used to do the monthly fitness challenges when I was fitness coordinator at the Y. I alternated "cardio" based and "strength" based challenges. I did fastest time to 100 push ups, fastest time to 1000 meters on Concept II, most reps on leg press with 1.5x body weight, stuff like that. I would alternate to get different people interested and had a lot of friendly competition rise among our members from it. Turned into a big success for us, especially after we added a suggestion sheet for new challenges on the results board where we kept track of the challenge, the rules, the participants and their results and rankings. I also ammended the board so that next months challenge was on there. We had people start training for next months challenge after that. Just some ideas for you.
awesome!! thanks bud for the ideas :)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My gym is doing the Paleo Challenge with the crossfit portion of it. They've also done two push/pull competitions. Even the non-powerlifters had fun doing it. We'll also be doing a competition against another gym. Done prowler challenges in teams also.

Edit: And Barbell for Boobs in November

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im jealous over your gym sean

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will one day. I plan on attending one of them cressey events sometime soon so prolly then