Gym incentive ideas

  1. Gym incentive ideas


    No idea where this post belongs.

    Any of you fellas got some cool gym ideas to get members fired up, or interest new ones?

    What I mean is ideas like
    -weight-loss challenges
    -refer a member
    -strongest lift of the month

    ya know, fun little competitions that can be aimed towards the general gym go-er.

    Thanks!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions


  2. I'm doing an essay on heathy eating vs. fad diets. I thought I would have tons of knowledge because of my experience but I have the biggest writer's block right now. I'll wait to see what people have to say on this thread.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  3. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    I'm doing an essay on heathy eating vs. fad diets. I thought I would have tons of knowledge because of my experience but I have the biggest writer's block right now. I'll wait to see what people have to say on this thread.
    haha! np
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    •   
       


  4. I used to do the monthly fitness challenges when I was fitness coordinator at the Y. I alternated "cardio" based and "strength" based challenges. I did fastest time to 100 push ups, fastest time to 1000 meters on Concept II, most reps on leg press with 1.5x body weight, stuff like that. I would alternate to get different people interested and had a lot of friendly competition rise among our members from it. Turned into a big success for us, especially after we added a suggestion sheet for new challenges on the results board where we kept track of the challenge, the rules, the participants and their results and rankings. I also ammended the board so that next months challenge was on there. We had people start training for next months challenge after that. Just some ideas for you.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    I used to do the monthly fitness challenges when I was fitness coordinator at the Y. I alternated "cardio" based and "strength" based challenges. I did fastest time to 100 push ups, fastest time to 1000 meters on Concept II, most reps on leg press with 1.5x body weight, stuff like that. I would alternate to get different people interested and had a lot of friendly competition rise among our members from it. Turned into a big success for us, especially after we added a suggestion sheet for new challenges on the results board where we kept track of the challenge, the rules, the participants and their results and rankings. I also ammended the board so that next months challenge was on there. We had people start training for next months challenge after that. Just some ideas for you.
    awesome!! thanks bud for the ideas
    Serious Nutrition Solutions

  6. My gym is doing the Paleo Challenge with the crossfit portion of it. They've also done two push/pull competitions. Even the non-powerlifters had fun doing it. We'll also be doing a competition against another gym. Done prowler challenges in teams also.

    Edit: And Barbell for Boobs in November
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  7. Im jealous over your gym sean
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  8. Come on up, brother
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  9. I will one day. I plan on attending one of them cressey events sometime soon so prolly then
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  10. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I will one day. I plan on attending one of them cressey events sometime soon so prolly then
    Let me know when. I'd love to go to Cressy again.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Gym Ideas
    By Carcaya in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 10:32 PM
  2. shirt ideas for the gym
    By djbombsquad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 02:25 PM
  3. Golds Gym Training Suggestions...Interesting
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 10:41 AM
  4. starting a gym... ideas/thoughts
    By not_big_enuf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 12:44 AM
  5. Robbed at the Gym
    By DarCSA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 08:18 PM
Log in
Log in