Favorite 6 day workout plan for cutting.

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.07%

Favorite 6 day workout plan for cutting.

I have always followed a 6 day 2 muscle group a day scheme. I use pyramid sets but I'm looking to try something more intense and shed some extra fat.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chris9394 View Post
    I have always followed a 6 day 2 muscle group a day scheme. I use pyramid sets but I'm looking to try something more intense and shed some extra fat.
    I follow the same 6 day split and pyramid sets. Has worked well for me. Do you have your diet in check? Tracking macros?
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

the trick is here is that you want to workout 6 days a day but want more intensity. volume and intensity are inversely related. in other words if you increase intensity you have to decrease volume as you cannot maintain the intensity with more volume. yes you can increase your work capacity but the inverse relationship still applies.

if you are doing a body part split you likely can increase your intensity greatly by switching to a movement based program. throw in some conditioning and you can increase your workload as well. so i would try any movement based program like 5/3/1 with the north of vag template.

but you will not shed much fat, if any, if your diet is not in check. can you post exactly what you ate yesterday for review. you may think its dialed in, but having others check it can be very beneficial.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.07%

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    the trick is here is that you want to workout 6 days a day but want more intensity. volume and intensity are inversely related. in other words if you increase intensity you have to decrease volume as you cannot maintain the intensity with more volume. yes you can increase your work capacity but the inverse relationship still applies.

if you are doing a body part split you likely can increase your intensity greatly by switching to a movement based program. throw in some conditioning and you can increase your workload as well. so i would try any movement based program like 5/3/1 with the north of vag template.

but you will not shed much fat, if any, if your diet is not in check. can you post exactly what you ate yesterday for review. you may think its dialed in, but having others check it can be very beneficial.
    I wake up at 630 to workout then:

8:30 am- 2 scoops whey + half cup of Special K - 270 calories 50 G protein and 10g carb

4:30 pm- two large plates of uncooked spinach topped with 8oz tuna and 2 cup cottage cheese- 800 cal 128g protein 40 carb

8 pm- 2 slice turkey- 300 cal 60g protein 0 carb

11:30 pm- 1 quest bar - 170 cal 20 G protein 20 carb (17g fiber though)

Cal- 1640 pro- 258 - carb -70

Btw I am 6'2, 185 pounds
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

1600 cals/day + 6 days/week exercise = all bad
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.07%

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    1600 cals/day + 6 days/week exercise = all bad
    Yesterday was a lower calorie day, today will be the same as yesterday only plus a about 1000 calls worth of eggs, cottage cheese, and oatmeal this morning and minus the protein shake
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

oof da! 1600 calories? i recently went on a diet to drop weight classes for powerlifting. i dropped down to 2k a day and i only workout 3 days a week. i lost 7lbs in 3 weeks (196 to 189) and set PRs on my squat and bench at the end of that time. i normally eat closer to 4k a day and i dont gain weight on that either.

in other words, eat more! and not more protein. you get way more than what is needed. eat more fat, and food. real food not processed or packaged crap. for example:

breakfast: eggs or sausage or bacon with mixed nuts

lunch: roast, pork, or some other high fat meat

dinner: roast, pork, or some other high fat meat with veggies or salad

post workout: whey plus some carbs

now i am not saying do atkins. what i am saying is eat meat, vegetables, and dont worry about fat. during my 3 weeks of dieting i at 52% of my calories from fat. i also took in on average 150 grams a day of protein and i weigh more than you. although i am 4inches shorter than you. i would think you likely need to worry more about gaining muscle than shedding fat. in that case i would eat less protein, 150-200gr/day. eat more carbs, double that, and fill in the rest with fats. aim for an average of 3k a day. lift to get big and do conditioning to allow you to lift bigger. i still recommend 5/3/1 with the north of vag template.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.07%

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    oof da! 1600 calories? i recently went on a diet to drop weight classes for powerlifting. i dropped down to 2k a day and i only workout 3 days a week. i lost 7lbs in 3 weeks (196 to 189) and set PRs on my squat and bench at the end of that time. i normally eat closer to 4k a day and i dont gain weight on that either.

in other words, eat more! and not more protein. you get way more than what is needed. eat more fat, and food. real food not processed or packaged crap. for example:

breakfast: eggs or sausage or bacon with mixed nuts

lunch: roast, pork, or some other high fat meat

dinner: roast, pork, or some other high fat meat with veggies or salad

post workout: whey plus some carbs

now i am not saying do atkins. what i am saying is eat meat, vegetables, and dont worry about fat. during my 3 weeks of dieting i at 52% of my calories from fat. i also took in on average 150 grams a day of protein and i weigh more than you. although i am 4inches shorter than you. i would think you likely need to worry more about gaining muscle than shedding fat. in that case i would eat less protein, 150-200gr/day. eat more carbs, double that, and fill in the rest with fats. aim for an average of 3k a day. lift to get big and do conditioning to allow you to lift bigger. i still recommend 5/3/1 with the north of vag template.
    I have always been fairly large. I gain muscle and fat easily and have a very slow metabolism. I would like to add a bit more muscle but that's not priority right now. I'd much rather get shredded and I feel like I'm large enough. Idk ill post some pics and we will see if you agree.

Name:  image-3623263681.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  359.8 KB

Name:  image-1095059394.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  332.4 KB

Also I eat around 2200 cal on maintenance

Similar Forum Threads

1. 5 Day Workout Plan
    By DeCooper in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 11:38 PM
  2. Workout routine for cutting
    By ajr2434 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 07:24 PM
  3. In need of help with a diet plan for cutting!
    By jasond301 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 06:44 PM
  4. 3 day workout plan... suggestions?
    By FlawedGrunt in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 02:12 PM
  5. Plans for cutting?
    By Tiabin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 10:22 PM