Mens Physique Competition Advice!

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I competed for the first time last week... and can tell I have a lot to learn.. from the tan, to posing, to nutrition the day of and the day of comps...

As far as tans go.... i was thinking to go the route of the paint of tan, from a place like protan online. Because this way it can last a few competitions, rather then getting a 80$ tan for one comp every time.

And for posing... i was told so many different things i dont know what the judges want!!!! Do they want u to flex everything hard? or just relaxly flex??? Flex ur abs hard the whole time? Or just stay relaxed all around and just kinda model??

I was told the other day by a guy that owns a local supplement shop that I will never win my class because he thinks i have a small clavicle... i have broke my collar bone twice... but i dont see what that has to do with anything... he said i need to work on bringing my shoulders out also, and chest. I havent done dumbbell flys in about 2 years cuz i injured my pec going for a PR on bench like 2 years ago and it still bugs me.. what are your guys thoughts?

And the day before the comp i didnt drink any water and stuck to just chicken breast and egg whites... then after weigh ins... i weighed in at 159 (even tho weight doesnt matter, its off height)i ate a protein bar with alot of sodium. I saw alot of guys eatting rice cakes with pb and jelly on them...

thanks guys! The sport of males physique is frustrating to me cuz no one knows what a perfect score would be... it seems like theres lots of politics involved and it ultimately comes down to what the judges like... thanks everyone looking forward to trying to shed some light on this!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any sport that involves judges will be centered around politics, just got to do some research before hand on whats best to shoot for. Ask some of the older guys (believing that you networked well during the 1st show) and find out whats best to unveil for the show. Pec problems after 2 years seems like an issue and should be revisited by a therapist, but your 1st show will always show you the things you've missed. One cannot truly have a killer 1st show as there's always a few tips to the sport that you can prep for the next time. Congrats on making it that far and hope to see more from ya!

P.S. Dont let the clavicle comment bother ya lol

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Any sport that involves judges will be centered around politics, just got to do some research before hand on whats best to shoot for. Ask some of the older guys (believing that you networked well during the 1st show) and find out whats best to unveil for the show. Pec problems after 2 years seems like an issue and should be revisited by a therapist, but your 1st show will always show you the things you've missed. One cannot truly have a killer 1st show as there's always a few tips to the sport that you can prep for the next time. Congrats on making it that far and hope to see more from ya!

P.S. Dont let the clavicle comment bother ya lol
Ya i networked a little bit there... but not to much... and a lot of the older dudes didnt like to give advice haha.

and thanks! ya im using his comment as fuel for my fire :) telling someone they wont ever win something can be the best motivational thing you could say to someone haha! There is a show Oct. 12th im thinking about doing... so im getting back on my dietplan tomorrow !

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Subed for the tips!

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Subed for the tips!
seriously man... there isnt many tips or help out there for this sport!!! lets help eachother guys... !!!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
seriously man... there isnt many tips or help out there for this sport!!! lets help eachother guys... !!!
Im training right now for a show in march I have been watching youtube vids and I am just going to train like I would for bodybuilding v-taper mass, symmetry, and definition as far as the posing thing goes though I am at a loss. I have looked at different Men’s physique winners from different shows across the US and it seems like some shows look for a skinny surfer look others look for a "natural body builder “style one thing is consistent though you have to be a pretty boy to win lol

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Im training right now for a show in march I have been watching youtube vids and I am just going to train like I would for bodybuilding v-taper mass, symmetry, and definition as far as the posing thing goes though I am at a loss. I have looked at different Men's physique winners from different shows across the US and it seems like some shows look for a skinny surfer look others look for a "natural body builder "style one thing is consistent though you have to be a pretty boy to win lol
ya definitly... you gotta be like a pro model with a perf physique lol. i dont think im ugly so i feel i got a chance lol.

im training atm for a show october 12th... im at 169lbs. trying to get to 160-165 an come in with a little more mass on my shoulders and chest this time!

Still looking for lots of info and tips fellars! like what training style is reccommended in the last week before a comp.... day of the comp training/eatting , day of comp... i got ideas but not to sure!!!

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
ill upload a pic of me right now in a few mins. im at the gym

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Pretty relaxed flexing wise

Attachments

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I would work on the upper chest in particular that will help with giving it a fuller look plus since you are already super lean your separation will look sick. I cant tell but maybe some work on the width of your back. It will help with the v taper plus allow the "fingers" (dont know technical term of the top of my head) of the Lats to shine and that always makes you look leaner and a bit more shredded. But all around you look solid bro!

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
I would work on the upper chest in particular that will help with giving it a fuller look plus since you are already super lean your separation will look sick. I cant tell but maybe some work on the width of your back. It will help with the v taper plus allow the "fingers" (dont know technical term of the top of my head) of the Lats to shine and that always makes you look leaner and a bit more shredded. But all around you look solid bro!
thanks alot !!!my back is super shredded and pretty wide... i got a xmas tree goin on haha ill show ya a pic from my comp

Attachments

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Jeezus ya you do, Hell that tattoo looks the ornament on the top. Well you know what they say if you cant tone it Tan it and it looks like you have toned it up!

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
I still want info and advice here people!!! share what ya know and we can compare!