Bench Press BW for Reps

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How about a little fun here? Post how many BB, flat bench press reps (free weights) you can press loaded up with your own body weight in plates. I see there are competitions out there for this and I'm curious. Have fun!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll bite. I did this a few weeks ago training with my brother as he was getting ready for his football strength testing. I hit 225 (my weight +/- 10 at any given time) for 18. I should have been able to do more, but that burn was too intense for my wimpy self.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One of these days, when BB bench rotates onto RE day, I'll do this and post it up.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I'll bite. I did this a few weeks ago training with my brother as he was getting ready for his football strength testing. I hit 225 (my weight +/- 10 at any given time) for 18. I should have been able to do more, but that burn was too intense for my wimpy self.
Same body weight and bench weight but I haven't tried to see how many reps I can actually do, I struggle after 10 reps at the moment.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same body weight and bench weight but I haven't tried to see how many reps I can actually do, I struggle after 10 reps at the moment.
Yeah, it's not a common thing to train for, but at the same time it's fun to test every once in awhile. The guys you see at the NFL combine repping like mad have trained benching endurance hard for months.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can do about 12 at 245 (my weight now), and 11 at 250. At least this is with a narrower grip than my normal competition bench. It probably wouldn't be that much more with a wider grip, to be honest, maybe one more rep.

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
Did 18 at 190 a few months ago. Down a bit since then trying to get in shape for a grappling tournament.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flat, non comp flat bench I can hit 285x14, incline I can hit 285x11.

That's touch & go, not the tightest reps ever. Just straight up pressing fast and hard.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I seem to be the resident light weight here, but I'll play too...
I'm 165 putting up my BW for around 15 reps on a good day

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
I'm sitting at around 225 ish. I usually get a set of 12 at that weight without too much problem. I could probly get 15 but I like to save a little strength for heavier sets after.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Light weight here...at 140 and I do 145 for 18, take a deep breath for 2 secs without racking and knockout the 20. Lately reps are the majority of my bench days since my surgery :/ can't manage much weight yet.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Depending on strictness of form, and all that jazz I am willing to bet I can get 25+ with 225lbs. I weigh 200lbs
With most REP tests they allow an ever-slight bounce, no pause, and the weight stops short of a complete lockout... so yeah 25+

Is this all conjecture or we got some videos being posted :p

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depending on strictness of form, and all that jazz I am willing to bet I can get 25+ with 225lbs. I weigh 200lbs
With most REP tests they allow an ever-slight bounce, no pause, and the weight stops short of a complete lockout... so yeah 25+

Is this all conjecture or we got some videos being posted :p
Mine will be a video.

Probably Saturday.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
We'll see.

I'm not much of a bench Presser; yet.
I understand, just cool you are willing to post a video. People can type anything. So Props.

Joe_P

Awards
I have never done anything around my bodyweight, but at 260 I did 315x 15 and that was a little higher rep than I like. That was also a few years ago.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
225lbs rep test -- did this for ****s and giggles and to contribute to the community

Click the image for the video.

Note: I weigh 200lbs

James Fuller

James Fuller

Awards
I just did my chest day today but if im not feeling to sore might do this tomorrow or just wait till like friday to do it and ill post a video up. If i dont run out of breath i think i should be able to do my weight around the 30 mark atleast, and i weigh 165-168ish. most ive done with 225 is 21 reps

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These rep ranges are impressive. For a while I was thinking "normal" was pressing BW for reps in the teens. Interesting.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
I just did my chest day today but if im not feeling to sore might do this tomorrow or just wait till like friday to do it and ill post a video up. If i dont run out of breath i think i should be able to do my weight around the 30 mark atleast, and i weigh 165-168ish. most ive done with 225 is 21 reps
That would be impressive at 165... record it :fing02:

James Fuller

James Fuller

Awards
which one? my body weight or the 225 one?

James Fuller

James Fuller

Awards
ill do both, dont feel to sore this morning so might do 165 today and wait till this weekend or something to do the 225 one.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
ill do both, dont feel to sore this morning so might do 165 today and wait till this weekend or something to do the 225 one.
Oh I misread.
I thought you weighed 165lbs and could bench 225lbs for 20+ reps

James Fuller

James Fuller

Awards
no you read right lol, i can =)

James Fuller

James Fuller

Awards
lol you will. follow my workout log, just started one on here. ill post videos all the time. like i said, i did a bench night last night so let me get a few days to recover then ill do it and post a video up so ppl can see that im not just bs'n

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's my test from a little over a month ago. I can't say if I could do more or less right now. I've been repping for the last few weeks, but at the time I did the test, I was dialed in three weeks out from my meet and feeling good.

[video=youtube;ML5s7rCWiJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=ML5s7rCWiJE[/video]

s0briquet

Awards
I tried this about a month ago and logged 17@170. Clearly have some work to do haha. Man I would love to rep out 225 like it was a warm up.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'd love to see vids of these lifts! I mean, some of these reps are incredible if you can actually do them.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd love to see vids of these lifts! I mean, some of these reps are incredible if you can actually do them.
It didn't happen til there's a video.

Just yesterday I did 30 with 225 @ 183#. Just sayin.

James Fuller

James Fuller

Awards
alright ill go film a rep out at 225 and one at 165 real quick, hopefully i can atleast hit 20 with 225

James Fuller

James Fuller

Awards
Well this sucked. Start feeling tired at 10 freaking reps. Im gonna play around with this a little more and retest in a month. Started to do one at 170lbs afterwards but got to 10 and said screw it, so might do that one later on in the week. So heres my video. 168bwt benching 225lbs for 16 reps + a big fat fail at an attempted 17th lol

[video=youtube;A9xM5aT-tD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9xM5aT-tD0[/video]

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Well this sucked. Start feeling tired at 10 freaking reps. Im gonna play around with this a little more and retest in a month. Started to do one at 170lbs afterwards but got to 10 and said screw it, so might do that one later on in the week. So heres my video. 168bwt benching 225lbs for 16 reps + a big fat fail at an attempted 17th lol

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9xM5aT-tD0
Well done man!! You're a beefy 168!! (Meant in a good way...no homo). I'm 5'7" 165 and I don't look nearly as thick! And 225 is my 1RM!!
Again, good work!!

James Fuller

James Fuller

Awards
Thanks, im only 5'2" so yea i look pretty thick for the weight. still know i can do better. Im gonna do my bwt one this week sometime, so hopefully i dont run out of gas at 10 again lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

[video=youtube;A9xM5aT-tD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9xM5aT-tD0[/video]
Props for backing it up. Nice job man.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You fuggin' short guys have it easy.

James Fuller

James Fuller

Awards
or we just work harder...

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
I may be short but I have long arms and legs. So surprisingly, a lot of the advice for tall guys works really well for me.