training early in the morning advice

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. training early in the morning advice


    So classes start soon and the way my schedule is I MUST train early. I have class at 925 so I usually give myself 2 hours of gym time (not that I lift for two hours I just hate being rushed ) so the way I see it I want hit the gym at 6am, giving myself enough time to shower and eat before class. How do you guys wake up early and keep food down? My stomach blows in the morning and I sometimes have trouble getting out of bed. Can I get some advice on how I can make this happen ?


  2. Have you ever had an early routine? You will eventually get used to it. Just start out eating really light, hit your workout as per usual, then mow down some serious food afterword.
    All that happened to me when I started hittin it early was a case of newbie protein poo
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Have you ever had an early routine? You will eventually get used to it. Just start out eating really light, hit your workout as per usual, then mow down some serious food afterword.
    All that happened to me when I started hittin it early was a case of newbie protein poo
    Thanks bud. What should I eat? Oats, eggs, what do you recommend ?
    I have worked out early before I felt like crap at first but I felt so good afterwards. I was in a good mood all day too which was Awsome. My stomach is just annoying.I think I'm going to have a pre cooked breakfast to eat afterwards as well.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Thanks bud. What should I eat? Oats, eggs, what do you recommend ?
    I have worked out early before I felt like crap at first but I felt so good afterwards. I was in a good mood all day too which was Awsome. My stomach is just annoying.I think I'm going to have a pre cooked breakfast to eat afterwards as well.
    If you take a good pre-w/o it should stifle your appetite enough till you get done. then you can hulk smash into some nutrients! If not breakfast burritos with egg stay down well and you will have some good energy.
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    If you take a good pre-w/o it should stifle your appetite enough till you get done. then you can hulk smash into some nutrients! If not breakfast burritos with egg stay down well and you will have some good energy.
    ^^this. And if that doesn't work, I always had luck with 2 scrambled eggs about 45min before my workout
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    ^^this. And if that doesn't work, I always had luck with 2 scrambled eggs about 45min before my workout
    Little bit of L-arginine to help with the pump!
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  7. Thanks fellas I'll give it a go tomorrow morning! Might as well start early whole there is little to now workload in the semester

  8. I work out early as well due to work start time. I drink my PWO and then mix a shake of protein and BCAAs and drink it as my intra. After lifting I eat boiled eggs and Greek yogurt. No stomach issues at any time.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

  9. Id smash some aminos pre and then an amino/carb mixture intra and then smash food after.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    So classes start soon and the way my schedule is I MUST train early. I have class at 925 so I usually give myself 2 hours of gym time (not that I lift for two hours I just hate being rushed ) so the way I see it I want hit the gym at 6am, giving myself enough time to shower and eat before class. How do you guys wake up early and keep food down? My stomach blows in the morning and I sometimes have trouble getting out of bed. Can I get some advice on how I can make this happen ?
    Bro a good thermo and aminos pre workout. Have a meal post workout

    Or do intra carbs and aminos

    I prefer aminos and a thermo tho and while your waiting or the thermo I kick in prepar food and have it ready for post workout

  11. I usually do bcaa intra I made a shake and I'm going to drink that an hour before lifting and Im gonna cook eggs and oatmeal for my post workout. Timing seems like Its key. Already pre cooked my meat for tomorrow. So I'll just have to tty new stuff and see what works best.

    Also forgot to mention I'm running a short albut. recomp cycle so I got the thermo covered. I usually take it an hour pwo. I can't do carbs intra, tried and failed with a trip to the puke room.

    Shake = lactase free milk, 1 scoop protein, 2 tbps pb, and .5 cup of oatmeal ground up

  12. Decrease carbs and increase fat intake for your diet. Over the weeks your body will get used to it. I can not eat since dinner the night before and workout in the afternoon and be fine, even set PRs. Of course I am doing intermittent fasting as a diet and my body is used to it. Just remember our bodies are much more efficient than you think. If we were as fragile as some people think our species would not even exist right now.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  13. Well I'm up. Just downed my shake, feeling a little tired but not too bad. Let's see how this goes

  14. Yeah I'm just going to train fasted next time with bcaas. That shake I had was too heavy and my stomach made my lift drag and I felt crappy. Still got it done though. First ones the hardest.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    Decrease carbs and increase fat intake for your diet. Over the weeks your body will get used to it. I can not eat since dinner the night before and workout in the afternoon and be fine, even set PRs. Of course I am doing intermittent fasting as a diet and my body is used to it. Just remember our bodies are much more efficient than you think. If we were as fragile as some people think our species would not even exist right now.
    Why decrease carbs ? I usually eat a good amount of fat and high amounts of carbs bloat me and make me feel crappy. But wouldn't it be harder the build mass with lower carbs ?

  16. hey man. I lift in the morning as well. The night before i ussually eat a nice carb filled dinner 3 hours before sleep and then cottage cheese before bed in which the protien breaks down slow. This way i dont wake up starving.

    Take my morning dump. Smash a preworkout and hit the iron. Then bcaa during my workout. No food in my stomach

    U gunna love waking up cuz ur first thought gunna be "time to lift"

  17. Building mass = eating carbs PERIOD

  18. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Why decrease carbs ? I usually eat a good amount of fat and high amounts of carbs bloat me and make me feel crappy. But wouldn't it be harder the build mass with lower carbs ?
    adding mass is more about total calories and enough protein and being in a positive nitrogen balance. carbs are just an easy way to do it but not essential.

    also, lowered carb intake and increased fat intake causes the body to learn to use body fat as a fuel source more efficiently.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by live to lift View Post
    Building mass = eating carbs PERIOD
    fact: adding body weight is all about eating a surplus calories.

    fact: adding muscle is all about the proper stimulus and being in a positive nitrogen.

    carbs can help with eating at a surplus. carbs can help the body be in a positive nitrogen balance but they are not essential. now before people decide to be silly and take this to an extreme, no where did i say that you should not eat carbs at all. i am only stating they are not essential, meaning you do not have to have them for the above scenario. also, they cannot hurt to be used to help attain those situations.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by SinghDaKillaa View Post
    hey man. I lift in the morning as well. The night before i ussually eat a nice carb filled dinner 3 hours before sleep and then cottage cheese before bed in which the protien breaks down slow. This way i dont wake up starving.

    Take my morning dump. Smash a preworkout and hit the iron. Then bcaa during my workout. No food in my stomach

    U gunna love waking up cuz ur first thought gunna be "time to lift"
    I like to take my morning pre work out then smash a dump lol
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post

    I like to take my morning pre work out then smash a dump lol
    Tis the best feeling ever.

  22. I wake up everyday at 5 am to knock out cardio. It's a pain but I still get up and get it done. I usually just make a Isotean shake and I throw 1/2 a cup of dry oatmeal and blend it (If I'm not doing a fasted cardio). I'm way toooo tired to cook and then wash pots. Or you can make it the night before depending on what it is. Just have an intra workout drink while you workout so sip on.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Tis the best feeling ever.
    Kinda like this if ya know what I mean... Name:  2979738176_8ac99325fa.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  122.4 KB
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  24. Depending on what type of training toy are doing there are quite a few options.

    I usually eat a meal about an hour before weight training in the morning but if u just don't have time then a protein shake before should be enough to get you going. Just straight Whey would be ideal especially if you have stomach problems in the morning so you get the quick hit of fast absorbing protein to halt catabolism without the possible "full" feeling of slower digesting proteins.

    If doing cardio I would suggest bcaa's pre training if you go in fasted. FINAFLEX BCAA+SAA would be perfectly suited for this type of training setup and I normally follow this protocol in the late night before fasted LISS before bed.

    Hope this helped some.
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

  25. I love working out in the morning, such a good way to start the day! I prefer fasted with just my Powermax, then I'll come home and smash a protein shake with a good breakfast. I find I have alot more energy during the day when I start it with a workout. After a few mornings of it, you'll be used to it and go to bed excited to get up.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Cardio in the morning and weight training at night...
    By KenTheEagle in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 11:17 AM
  2. Starting T3 in the morning - looking for some advice
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 01:45 AM
  3. Anyone else workout early in the morning?
    By Dchristo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 05:54 PM
  4. Going to endo in the morning. Janz/Matrix Advice?
    By mavven in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 04:36 PM
  5. Going to urologist in the morning, need advice?
    By codered5 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Log in
Log in