Getting really bored of training and weightlifting

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
Getting so bored of weightlifting and exercise. I don't want to be like this, how do I stop this from being a chore and be back exciting again and love it?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about a training partner(s) or someone to chase?
What about an abbreviated set up?
Say 2x per week full body maybe 4-5 exercises total?

Monday
Squats 3x5
BP's 5x5
Rows 3x8

Thursday
OHP's 3x8
Deads 2x5

Done...!

Pick only one lift and try to make it a PR cycle!?

Lastly try a week or so off and see if the hunger eases back.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Getting so bored of weightlifting and exercise. I don't want to be like this, how do I stop this from being a chore and be back exciting again and love it?
Put some variation in your workouts. For example you could have a multi-week chest routine:
Week 1: Bench Press
Week 2: Board Press
Week 3: Floor Press
Week 4: Resistance band press
Week 5: Bench Press

Experiment and do things that are new and different. You won't get weaker.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like it is time to switch up the routine. There are plenty of options out there for you or if you are just bored of lifting try doing more cardio and body weight exercises for a bit.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Time to step on a stage or pick up a sport, I am always doing some kind of competition I find that keeps me going.

67nova

Awards
Take a break,no sense in wasting time if your not into it anymore,a good break for a week or two should change your outlook.I get this with overtraining.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'd recommend a week or so off....i felt run down recently as i was getting in shape for the beach, but the last month or so i didn't really even want to go to the gym, a week off and i was excited to start gaining weight again

plan out a new routine for when you get back in the gym, you'll end up being excited for it and putting it into action

rockme

rockme

Awards
You could be overtrained if your enthusiasm has waned. Take a full week off and relax. Make sure you are taking a high quality multi. Also, get on a program that systematically progresses you, as opposed to just going to the gym and doing this, that, and the other. Structure will make it more fun

catch2201

Awards
switch to different programme

if you are getting bored with your monotonous workout program, then you may switch some other fitness programs like aerobics which is fun to do. or you may opt for martial art training where you will be able to learn various martial art skill. personaly i would recommend sir John Wilson Delco BJJ he is the finest trainer i ever encountered.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sets some specific goals and strive towards them. Specifically, it's time to compete in something, be it at a powerlifting/weightlifting meet, bodybuilding competition, whatever, and train towards that.

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
Could any of you write me a diet plan out that yous would recommend?, preferably a high protein medium carb diet. I think it's just my diet that has went down hill to be honest, thanks :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could any of you write me a diet plan out that yous would recommend?, preferably a high protein medium carb diet. I think it's just my diet that has went down hill to be honest, thanks :)
look in the nutrition section

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
Competing means taking steroids though and I've finished with all of that side of things

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Competing means taking steroids though and I've finished with all of that side of things
Uhh no it doesn't. If that's the case then I should have started with roids 32 years ago. Either that or I have never competed.

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
Coz if you look at Arnold, jay cutler, phil Heath, Dorian Yates, Kai green. You can't say they have went into a competition steroid free can you

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a natural part of competing as well, hope you know that.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Coz if you look at Arnold, jay cutler, phil Heath, Dorian Yates, Kai green. You can't say they have went into a competition steroid free can you
Men's physique bro.

That's where I'm heading hopefully see where I am in 4 more weeks then if all goes well set a date

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Men's physique bro.

That's where I'm heading hopefully see where I am in 4 more weeks then if all goes well set a date
This is what ill be doing as well. Outside of the 4 more weeks. I have about 12 more weeks to see where i end up at.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Without reading any other responses, I would say being bored sucks, and you should try a free Crossfit class if one is near you. If you go to the crossfit.com website, it will give you a listing of affiliates in your area and oftentimes they offer a free introductory class...

Cameron

Joe_P

Awards
There is more than bodybuilding. Strongman, Powerlifting, and even crossfit has competitions I believe. I got into powerlifting years ago because I needed something to work towards.

kimmy gibbler

Awards
I was in the same boat 7 months ago man. I jumped into the world of triathlon and probably will never look back to just resistance training. I completed a half Ironman last month and have been training for Ultramarathon(50k) in October, and will be registering for Ironman Wisconsin this Monday. I still do resistance 3-4 days a week but focus mostly on endurance.

I guess what I'm saying is just step out of your normal training element and you might find something more enjoyable!

s0briquet

Awards
The number one way to beat gym boredom is to get a partner. Just look around your gym for guys who seem to have the same goals, or better yet (and this is what I did) if you have a friend who is out of shape or just not athletic, tell him that you'll be his personal trainer for free. It makes you feel all ego-boosted because you're likely much stronger, and you also get to hang out with a friend. Helping them get stronger helps you get stronger