quick qestion on walking....

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just wondering how far it is if i walk for 30 minutes at a medium pace. 1 mile? more? less? thanks

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How fast is medium pace? 3... 4mph? If so 1.5 to 2 miles.
i have no clue how many miles an hour im going. the only way i can explain it is if you walk in the mall, a little faster than that. sorry thats all i got! thanks for the reply!

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
A pretty "average" walking pace is 15-17 min/mile (sorry, a runner here).
So the guestimate of 1.5-2 miles is probably pretty close

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are not focused on walking, and if you're not the kind of person that easily outpaces your friends (without trying) when you're walking together, then I'd say you probably walked about a mile in 30 minutes. It's probably a 2-3mph mile. Walking at 4mph, which is fairly brisk, would make it 2 miles.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Gotcha. I have a Basset, so anything over a small block is a long walk for him!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wifey is a runner and runs our pit ~20 miles a week. 77 lbs of solid f'ing muscle - the dog, not the wife...

yeah my dog is still young so i didnt want to get into intense training just yet. but now that shes 1 1/2 years old and i can start with more. But since i tore two ligaments in my foot, i can only walk right now, cant run. But Roxy is doing the flirt pole, tugging, spring pole, and low weight pulling right now to get this started. She doesnt have the "bully" bone structure to hold mass, but then again she isnt a bully. Plus females are skinnier anyways. Shes 60 pounds right now but shes a little fat. Im conditioning her to get her lean. My ideal body comp for her is to be lean and shredded since she doesnt have the structure to be bulky.

napalm

napalm

Awards
yeah my dog is still young so i didnt want to get into intense training just yet. but now that shes 1 1/2 years old and i can start with more. But since i tore two ligaments in my foot, i can only walk right now, cant run. But Roxy is doing the flirt pole, tugging, spring pole, and low weight pulling right now to get this started. She doesnt have the "bully" bone structure to hold mass, but then again she isnt a bully. Plus females are skinnier anyways. Shes 60 pounds right now but shes a little fat. Im conditioning her to get her lean. My ideal body comp for her is to be lean and shredded since she doesnt have the structure to be bulky.
My 77lb monster is a female also. Bigger than most of the males we come across. Just by feeding and conditioning, yours will put on muscle. 1 1/2 is old enough to start serious training once you're up to it.

2 weeks ago mrs napalm and my daughter were running nala and an 8 month old male pit made the (almost fatal) mistake of bum rushing nala. The puppy was off the leash and nala promptly suplexed the puppy by the throat. Wifey called the police and all they said was the puppy was off the leash, no fault of ours.

Keep in mind I live in Detroit, there's a half million pits here.

Not an exaggeration...

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Dam dude!!!! That's one hell of a pup!

My Basset (Olaf) is only 40lbs, and that's big for his breed mix....his legs are only about 6" long though, so watching him walk/run is hilarious. Too much will mess his back up though, so he's a lazy bum

napalm

napalm

Awards
Dam dude!!!! That's one hell of a pup!

My Basset (Olaf) is only 40lbs, and that's big for his breed mix....his legs are only about 6" long though, so watching him walk/run is hilarious. Too much will mess his back up though, so he's a lazy bum
Txs bro, she's a big submissive baby to us, but very very protective of my wife and daughter. Her and my kid have slept in the same bed since the day we got her. I'd hate to be the person that tries to so something to my kid while they were walking.

Here's another of her and mrs napalm

image-1493954532.jpg

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
roxy was that body comp but now im gearing her more to get leaner. and yeah, i didnt want to weight train her before 18 months.