Wearing a weight belt for ALL LIFTS?
- 08-22-2013, 05:18 PM
- 08-22-2013, 05:19 PM
08-22-2013, 05:25 PM
GM's certainly hit the exertion of my abs and gut stabilizers more and the shear is greater IMO with the weight back on the shoulders as it does not swing in by pivoting at the shoulder. It stays more put while your shoulders ride the weight out over your lower body to some extent since you can only slide the butt back so far.
The RDL will hit the upper back more since the weight will be more upright a lot of the time staying close to the legs throughout and it might be a bit more user friendly, if you are built for pulling and or are longer limbed and perhaps thinner. I have used #500+ for x5 x6 reps in the RDL, I cannot use no way that much in the GM.
That all said, I kinda fall in the school of not picking just one, if you don;t have to. Surely pound one harder if your head is in it and you feel better at it, but I am not built for the greatest squat leverages, but still do the GM on occasions to get a different angle/loading for training the PC.
08-22-2013, 05:40 PM
08-22-2013, 06:01 PM
08-22-2013, 08:10 PM
08-22-2013, 08:56 PM
08-23-2013, 10:35 AM
08-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By arfcommer in forum Training ForumReplies: 23Last Post: 07-20-2010, 02:15 PM
- By reeftank03 in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
- By SteaminDman in forum Training ForumReplies: 37Last Post: 02-26-2009, 03:00 PM
- By Super Penguin in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 6Last Post: 01-07-2009, 07:36 AM
- By drguitar78 in forum Training ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 11-23-2007, 12:37 AM