Body fat percentage!

Gordy Johnson

Awards
My buddy and I are having an argument on body fat percentage. I am arguing that 7% body fat is shredded as hell with good muscle mass. He is saying anything under 18.5 is underweight and unhealthy. Any credible info to offer?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
My buddy and I are having an argument on body fat percentage. I am arguing that 7% body fat is shredded as hell with good muscle mass. He is saying anything under 18.5 is underweight and unhealthy. Any credible info to offer?
Anything under 11% is unhealthy in my opinion. But on the other hand I look great at 6%.
*sigh* life of a bodybuilder I suppose.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sounds like a full time job brother...
6 % is rather difficult for me. Im personally comfortable aroumd 9 to 14 % .

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
below 18.5% unhealthy? only for women

your friend must be a fat @ss

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
below 18.5% unhealthy? only for women

your friend must be a fat @ss
Women can get down to 14% without being unhealthy. At 13% they are in the essential fat category.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe he is referring to 18.5 on the BMI scale being underweight... Regardless, one should not confuse LBM % with BMI because for statistical outliers (most ppl that are of muscular build) the BMI scale is grossly inaccurate

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Women can get down to 14% without being unhealthy. At 13% they are in the essential fat category.

well the essential bf in men is 2-4%, but that doesnt mean its healthy for most of us to sit in the 5-6% area.

regardless though, im almost certain that money0351 is right. i think the cdc goes by the under 18.5bmi = unhealthy. not that any of that applies to any of us lol

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
well the essential bf in men is 2-4%, but that doesnt mean its healthy for most of us to sit in the 5-6% area.

regardless though, im almost certain that money0351 is right. i think the cdc goes by the under 18.5bmi = unhealthy. not that any of that applies to any of us lol
2 to 5% more like it when it comes to essential fat. Look. 6 to 7 % or about that is considered unhealthy to me. 8 to 15 is where I want to be. Everyone is different though. Only way to tell is get that low. I for example feel very uncomfortable in my own skin at 6%. Its a pain to go to sleep at 6 . But for someone else it could be fine

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time to get back on our secret weapon - 25 mcg will do

Stuff's magic ;)
Buhahaha and cheap . Alas my cut will be expensive . Lean cuts,ostraine,t3,ephedrine alphamine snd vanilean.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang dude, that's a mean stack!!!!! Youre BOUT TO GET PEELED
Have fun w/that
;)

Buhahaha and cheap . Alas my cut will be expensive . Lean cuts,ostraine,t3,ephedrine alphamine snd vanilean.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DK0313 Pro Bodybuilding 0
DK0313 Pics 0
DK0313 Nutrition / Health 4
Bigmatt57 Weight Loss 12
Weight Loss 14