Bad Bicep burning sensation

jjagg0125

Awards
For about the past 4 weeks I have been randomly having a burning sensation at the bottom of my bicep when lifting. The 7-10 days it has progressed it seems. Doing pull ups is when it hurts the most. It literally feel like someone is sticking a hot prod through the bottom of my bicep. I have tried searching a lot and can't find much info other than possible tendinitis.. Anyone have any ideas what is going on and what I can do? It's starting to affect some of my workouts :(

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
As a trainer my first thought would be to
Stop working it out.. If it hurts in the bad way it's your body telling you something is wrong. I'd give it a week off and if it doesn't get better seek medical attention. Getting your pump on now isn't worth a possible lifetime of pain or impaired use

jjagg0125

Awards
Ok yea I agree about listening to my body for sure. What do you think maybe just avoid bicep use so I can continue to lift?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Unfortunately bicep use is hard to bypass in training. Take some time off back and bicep lifting and be careful with everything else, even racking the weight

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
probly either golfer or tennis elbow. its just tendonits, give it a week off and youll probly be back to full power and ready to battle frieza again

napalm

napalm

Awards
I had the same symptom, mine turned out to be a torn brachialis...

jjagg0125

Awards
I had the same symptom, mine turned out to be a torn brachialis...
Really? That's pretty interesting. Last nights workout was the worst it's been. I can steel feel something is right today. Gonna try icing it and not working it to hard today. It's weird I can do curls without issue. It's just certain lifts that aggravate it.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Really? That's pretty interesting. Last nights workout was the worst it's been. I can steel feel something is right today. Gonna try icing it and not working it to hard today. It's weird I can do curls without issue. It's just certain lifts that aggravate it.
Yup, and surgically there's nothing they can do, no success reattaching brachialis. What worked wonders for me was an ultrasound guided injection of kenalog. Pain is 90% better...

jjagg0125

Awards
Yup, and surgically there's nothing they can do, no success reattaching brachialis. What worked wonders for me was an ultrasound guided injection of kenalog. Pain is 90% better...
Wow that sounds like a pain in the ass not to mention not very pleasant. How did the doc come to that conclusion if you don't mind me asking? Is that a common tear?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Wow that sounds like a pain in the ass not to mention not very pleasant. How did the doc come to that conclusion if you don't mind me asking? Is that a common tear?
No, it's actually very uncommon. Confirmed on both MRI and the ultrasound.

Bent arms when deadlifting is bad mmkay?

jjagg0125

Awards
No, it's actually very uncommon. Confirmed on both MRI and the ultrasound.

Bent arms when deadlifting is bad mmkay?
Well hopefully this will clear up with just giving it a break. If not a visit to the doctor is in store that's for sure.