4-day split with groin injury

simm

simm

Awards
This is my first post on this forum so - hi everyone! I've got a minor groin injury, which means that training legs is out of question for a few weeks. I was thinking of splitting my training week into more days, eg:

1. Arms

2. Rest/abs/cardio

3. Rest/abs/cardio

4. Chest

5. Back

6. Rest/abs/cardio

7. Shoulders

Each training lasts approx. 45 minutes, as I often train on my lunch brakes at work

What are your suggestions on that?

I miss training legs, but I'm not particularly worried about it, as I feel that my core and legs are fairly strong. This is why I would like to put a little bit more emphasis on my arms.

napalm

napalm

Awards
My suggestion is take a couple weeks and heal...

simm

simm

Awards
Thanks for your input napalm. However, according to my doctor it might be more than a couple of weeks (possibly a month). I'm really busy these days and if I break the habbit of going to the gym on a regular basis, as I used to for the last two years, it will be difficult for me to get that regularity again.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Thanks for your input napalm. However, according to my doctor it might be more than a couple of weeks (possibly a month). I'm really busy these days and if I break the habbit of going to the gym on a regular basis, as I used to for the last two years, it will be difficult for me to get that regularity again.
The gym will still be there. By training with an injury like that, you risk hurting it again, and again, and again. See where I'm going with this?

You'll lose more time by trying to train around it than if you just took a couple weeks to heal.

You aren't going to get appreciably weaker over the course of a few weeks. By that time, you should be chomping at the bit to get back in the gym...

badwolf42

Awards
i would say keep the same split that you had before your injury. focus on your upper body and hit that hard. then on leg day just get in and stay pain free! (i assume its a muscular injury if not then probably don't do this) get in and do some soft tissue work maybe try to find some pain free movements that you can get for light weight and maybe some sled work if that is pain free. if all else fails just get in and do your soft tissue work and some abs then go for a walk, don't underestimate the power walking has healing!

also you probably shouldn't ramp up your upper body work to fast and hit many more days than your use to or you could be looking at a upper body injury and you don't want to be going form injury to injury.