Thoughts on 4 day upper/lower split

  1. Thoughts on 4 day upper/lower split


    Just want to know if any if you have used a 4 day upper/lower split. Reading mixed opinions on them.


  2. I hit all body parts 3x a week doing 5x5 and my body recovers just fine.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    I hit all body parts 3x a week doing 5x5 and my body recovers just fine.
    I was doing a 5 day split with 2 chest days and a shoulders only but got rid of a chest day and added shoulders somewhere else. Left me with a 3 day split which for my isnt enough, kind of a gym rat so like bn their. I found a workout called the P.H.U.L workout but want to make sure it covers all areas. Was told earlier by someone on here that by neglecting my rear delts as i was in my previous split that i could get upper crossed syndrome?
    •   
       


  4. I like my 3 day split. Push pull legs just because its a 3 day split does not mean you can't work out 5 times a week take a day off when you feel like your body needs it look them up on google.

    Personally I work out on Monday do my push then the next day do pull then legs the next maybe a day off them I'm hitting push and either pull or legs the following days. It's a good way to bring up lagging parts

  5. Quote Originally Posted by gymrat727 View Post
    I like my 3 day split. Push pull legs just because its a 3 day split does not mean you can't work out 5 times a week take a day off when you feel like your body needs it look them up on google.

    Personally I work out on Monday do my push then the next day do pull then legs the next maybe a day off them I'm hitting push and either pull or legs the following days. It's a good way to bring up lagging parts
    Ok makes sense so your just repeating and taking days off when you feel they are needed. Im thinkin of trying thus P.H.U.L workout cause its set up for two days of strength then two days of hypertrophy. Purpose is to maximize your weight used on hypertrophy days

    http://www.**********************/workouts/phul-workout

  6. That's pretty much what I do my first workout ex. Monday and Tuesday I work on heavy lifts and the second go around that week I work on hypertrophy I have noticed a great improvement in my training doing this

  7. I have used 3 and 4 day splits (in various ways) for absolute years now and nothing has really produced better. That all said, the focus is always on using the 5-7 big compound exercises and always trying to add weight/reps to the bar, keeping form and reps/sets in a good area.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
    Ok makes sense so your just repeating and taking days off when you feel they are needed. Im thinkin of trying thus P.H.U.L workout cause its set up for two days of strength then two days of hypertrophy. Purpose is to maximize your weight used on hypertrophy days

    http://www.**********************/workouts/phul-workout
    I was just about to recommend this!

    He can also try PHAT, which is a 5 day variation of PHUL

    http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-f...ated-2011.html

  9. Squat/Bench/Deads/OHP
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  10. you can use a 1 day or a 14 day split. as long as the volume and intensity is in line with your goals and work capacity then it just doesnt matter. what is more important that you are actually doing the workout.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  11. Yea, PHAT is a great 4 day split, I definitely dug it!

  12. i am doing PHUL now, and i really like it. i believe that anything will work as long as you are consistent and focus on progression. i like to mix it up every 6 months tho to keep it fresh and interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced View Post
    I'm feelin the love.

  13. ahem. 5/3/1 = kind of an upper/lower 4 day strength routine you gots

    squat day
    ohp/bb row day
    deadlift day
    bench day

    wabam?

    and phat is a 5 day split. i used to like it till i realized its kind of stupid. seems like it was created for mens fitness magazine woth all that stupidly high volume
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Should i be doing a 4 day upper/lower split?
    By goingtogrow in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 05:54 PM
  2. please critique my upper lower split
    By jng in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 06:55 PM
  3. Upper/Lower Split
    By geezersi in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 03:30 PM
  4. upper/lower split help
    By dunimous in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 08:46 AM
  5. Okay bros, how does my new upper/lower split look?
    By Lone Wolf in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Log in
Log in