I train mostly calistenichs and my "split" hose something like this
    Day 1:back
    Day 2:shoulders and chest
    Day 3:back
    Day 4:chest
    Day 5: back
    Day6: shoulders and chest
    Day 7: rest
    I throw in a little weights here and there for side raises incline bench and that's it I've never felt over trained and still make strength and muscle gains depending on diet (cut or bulk) why is there such a concern in overtraining, Tom plate the man with the best legs squared for hours a day. Arnold trained 2x a day for 4 hours total. With the available drugs now And nutrition knowledge why has our training intensity gone down?
    You're training with calisthenics and questioning why intensity has gone down hill???? Stop doing calisthenics and ACTUALLY train. Over training is most certainly real.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ya facking max on deadlifts a few times a week. Work yourself up into a rage then max out till your eyes almost explode.

Your cns will give out before your body.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    You do calisthenics. How can you even consider using the word overtraining in the same sentence.

As mentioned, it's not how much you exercise but the intensity, volume and duration of the work performance.

You have no risk of overtraining doing calisthenics.
    Thank you
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

2. big ego because we like to push our bodies to see how far we can go? too see how big we can get? to see how far we can push it? Damn man i didnt know that was such a crime they had to invent a term to stop people from doing it ! (sarcasm font)
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    big ego because we like to push our bodies to see how far we can go? too see how big we can get? to see how far we can push it? Damn man i didnt know that was such a crime they had to invent a term to stop people from doing it ! (sarcasm font)
    Huge difference between over training and pushing yourself (non sarcastic font)

4. Nomination for dumbest post I've seen since joining. The arrogance is unbelievable. Overreaching for too long will lead to overtraining. Most people who do these silly splits will never have to worry about it because you train numerous small movements, you work at a relatively low intensity with regards to the CNS and you often times give yourself (not in OPs "split") far more recovery than you need. Your CNS isn't going to give out doing calisthenics and lateral raises and it sure as hell won't ever reach higher levels of strength either

and...
    Good day
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 03:43 PM
  2. Losing Fat on Test E-- Let me run this by you
    By adnscmplx in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 06:46 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 12:23 AM
  4. OK TMat... let me have it. Diet Coke addiction here.
    By Dadnatron in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 08:58 AM
  5. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 02:14 AM