am i the only one

Adipose

Awards
Who goes to the gym and doesn't decide what to lift until I walk in the door and see what everyone else isn't working.

It seems that I tried sticking to a strict program, i.e. day1-squats, day2-chest...etc.. but for some reason, it always worked out that the day of my specific routine was jacked up because all the equipment that I needed was being monopolized.

Am I the only one that does this?
and how do people who stick to a strict routine deal with idiots in the way?

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
go earlier if possible

go later if possible

work in if they arnt complete douche bags, ive made some buddies doing this with the squat rack

if theyre the type of ******* that leaves their bag at one spot, their bottle somwhere else, and their towel in another spot to try and reserve everything for them, then move their ****. ive thrown bottles and towels in the trash and pissed people off for doing that crap. im a personal trainer though so im allowed to do that without getting in too much trouble

Adipose

Awards
Davos, thanks. Because of my stupid work schedule, I usually try going right after work. Going before work would mean getting up at 3am which is unrealistic for me. Most people are d-bags and basically the reason I try to avoid anyone on equipment in the first place. Though I will have to try throwing away and moving stuff.

pmdied

Awards
I find that the two power racks that are at my disposal are rarely used by the majority. And since my program revolves around the big 5 barbell movements (squat, deads, SOHP, row) I don't always run into issues. And I will always let someone work in with me if they ask (as long as they're not curling) Chances are another trainee will let you work in. Good luck.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Davos, thanks. Because of my stupid work schedule, I usually try going right after work. Going before work would mean getting up at 3am which is unrealistic for me. Most people are d-bags and basically the reason I try to avoid anyone on equipment in the first place. Though I will have to try throwing away and moving stuff.
most of the time you can just ask the guy to pick his shet up. if they start anything, theyre in the wrong because gyms frown on creating a personal circuit. at worst, just ask an employee or personal trainer to talk to the guy. with any luck, he'll start crap with an employee and get exiled

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Work in a set and show up the person in your way. All the sudden they "are all set". Then bark at them, kick the weights and do your thing! It's a proven method...no need to thank me! :)