Sitting in the sauna

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
What's everyone's take on sitting in the sauna for fat loss? I've heard yes and no??

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He just said it doesn't cause fat loss. Only water loss. Your original question is no longer valid. If you want to lose water weight, then sure.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
well if you need to cut a few lbs for a photo shoot or competition, then go for it. if you wanna lose fat, its a waste of time
I do not have a study for this but I have tried to cut for photos dropping the last bit of water via sauna and in my case it made me look really flat so I would not do this. Now in my MMA and wrestling days we cut water to make weight this way.

OP if you enjoy sitting in the sauna then do it once in a while, I myself find it relaxing after a workout so I tend to do that on a rough leg day or what ever.

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
It's nice to sit and then take a nice cool shower but it's not going to cause fat loss and any water weight SHOULD be replenished afterwards unless you're cutting weight for a goal. Therapeutic? Maybe. Fat loss aide? No

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya don't get why I see so many guys pile into the tiny sauna after a workout haha.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how many times "no homo" is usually said in those situations haha.
LOL worst one ever was a guy who kept doing toe touches in a speedo looking back at me and my buddy...we did not stay to find out if anyone was going to say no homo.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL worst one ever was a guy who kept doing toe touches in a speedo looking back at me and my buddy...we did not stay to find out if anyone was going to say no homo.
Thank you for making me actually LOL. The sauna at the fitness center I go to is basically a closet.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Def feel its more therapeutic and to validate whats already been said only water displacement ,but def put the water back on later. For valid fat loss Id imagine the increased temp would become harmful sooner than valid fat loss could be observed. Curious to see if there is a study out on it tho. Hope my 2 cents helps

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Hahahahaha I laughed for a solid 2 minutes after reading this