Trying to get back in it....need a life change

Ir0Will89

Awards
Hey guys. Thanks for having me. Let me introduce myself. I'm 24 years old. I have a strong history of lifting weights in being in great condition. I started researching bodybuilding/powerlifting/kinesiology at age 15. I've read tons of Dave Tate, Joe DeFranco, Louie Simmons, Mark Rippetoe articles. It seems that what I have taken a better understanding to is advanced techniques for getting stronger and hypertrophy.

I used to be around 180-190lbs. I was benching 300, squatting 350 and deadlifting 400. I know those lifts aren't phenomenal, but much better than the shape I'm in now. I'll explain my downfall. I know this is going to be long read but for those of you that take the time to help me you'll never know just how much I appreciate your help.

I got laid off from my job requiring manual labor, which was helping keep me in shape. The only thing I could find that comes close to money is a job as a security officer due to the extreme hours at a decent hourly rate, which is around 60 per week. The job has given me the "security look" though. I sit in an office building in the air conditioning all day, have my own refrigerator, microwave, spend a lot of time by myself and work from 6am-6pm, so I stay pretty tired. The only thing that keeps me awake usually is to eat. Since this job, I'm now at a terribly high 245lbs. Anytime of major movement causes me to sweat profusely, I have a big gut, double chins and look awful. When my wife and I got married I was a pretty attractive guy in good health and she's a very attractive girl and in great shape. I know her and our son deserve much better than what I've become. Since I started working here I've gotten tachycardia, hypertension, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, sleep walking, severely loud snoring and often times people say I'm snowing while I'm wide awake due to me breathing so loud. I have absolutely NO energy at all during the day all I ever want to do is just lay down. I know I need to change my life because I'm way too young for this ****. I've got a lot of water weight which is pretty noticeable in my hands, face, belly and feet.

I have a weight bench, squat rack, pullup rack and etc. that I haven't used in years. I know I'm going to have to get it back and start lifting weights. Right now I'm concerned with some goals and how I should start off being I'm in such TERRIBLE health. I want to include hill sprints, boxing and general weightlifting. Here is the program I plan to use that I have found posted on this site in one of the members logs.

Monday - Upper Body
Bench Press 3X5
Barbell Rows: 3X5
OH Press: 3X10
Pullups: 3XF
CGBP: 3X10

Tuesday - Squat Day
Squat: 3X5
Lunges: 3X10
SLDL: 3X10
Weighted Sit Ups: 3X15
Hanging Leg Raises: 3X15

Wednesday - Cardio & Conditioning
Push upsX10, Sit ups X 10, Pullups X 5, repeat 3 times with no rest between sets (tabata type)
3 2 minute rounds of boxing on the heavy bag
Hill Sprints...we have a hill that is about 100 yards long...I was going to sprint up it as fast as I can then walk back down it and repeat...maybe only 3 times at first...

Thursday - Upper Body
OH Press: 3X5
Lat Pulldowns: 3XF
Bench Press: 3X10
Barbell Rows: 3X10
Barbell Curls: 3X10

Friday - Deadlift Day
Power Clean: 5X3
Deadlift: 3X5
Front Squat: 3X10
Hanging Leg Raises: 3X15
Weighted Sit Ups: 3X15

Saturday - Cardio & Conditioning
Push upsX10, Sit ups X 10, Pullups X 5, repeat 3 times with no rest between sets (tabata type)
3 2 minute rounds of boxing on the heavy bag
Hill Sprints...we have a hill that is about 100 yards long...I was going to sprint up it as fast as I can then walk back down it and repeat...maybe only 3 times at first...

My goals are to drop from 240lbs to 180lbs (60 lbs in weight loss)...I want to improve my bench press from whatever is now back to 300lbs for 1Rm....squat 425lbs 1RM....deadlift 475lbs 1RM....I want to improve my conditioning significantly and get my blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. back down.

I know the biggest step in this is going to be diet...I can whenever I want while I'm at work...I just can't go very expensive because having a 1 year old and the bills that we have are pretty expensive....any tips and diet suggestions as well as motivation or comments about my program in terms of constructive criticism is welcome. I just need to get my ass in gear. I used to post way too much on forums, but damn they kept me motivated before. Now I'm just a fat bastard that might as well be a 60 year old man.

I know this was long and you guys have way better **** to do than read my problems but I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help me.

spals

Awards
If you haven't done anything active lately it would be wise to take it easy the first week or two. You don't want to be so sore that you make yourself miserable. That workout plan sounds pretty good once you've eased yourself back into lifting.

Ir0Will89

Awards
If you haven't done anything active lately it would be wise to take it easy the first week or two. You don't want to be so sore that you make yourself miserable. That workout plan sounds pretty good once you've eased yourself back into lifting.
Speaking of which, I tried to do this workout a couple of weeks ago and I barely made it into the 2nd exercise. Just didn't the stamina to finish. 3 sets of bench press and I was sweating profusely and like passing out.

Ir0Will89

Awards
As far as eating right at work, what do you all think about for a 12hr shift bringing in a dozen boiled eggs, Ziploc bag full of veggies, a little bit of tuna and mayo and a pack of almonds? Would that be pretty reasonable?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've come back from YEARS of no training, eating garbage, heavy drinking and pillpopping. And I can tell you, IT IS SO WORTH IT! Just make it a daily routine, don't skip workouts, read and learn every day, develop habits that will change your entire life. Good luck, bro!

Here is a few pics of summer 2009(5 years of no training) summer 2010, and summer 2012. I found 45 minutes, 5 days a week and changed my diet and I was very happy with my results..

ForumRunner_20130720_180951.png