Dorian Yates style HIT training

lboston

lboston

Awards
Anyone ever train like this? I've been doing it about 3 weeks now and not sure I'm reaping much benefit.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
That's what I'm doing now I'm loving it and seeing great results. Its a good way to stay lean while bulking up but your diet has to be on point man it really does

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's kinda like old Mentzer stuff. Low rep, low set, forced reps, etc. etc. super high intensity stuff. Some guys seem to do okay with it, some guys need more volume with less intensity to stave off CNS burnout perhaps. Which I think is one of the reasons it does not work great for many. It is not magic, or a magic way to train.
I did that stuff and really did not notice any huge difference from my reg volume/frequency stuff, but I had already been rather advanced and any big gains in BW, were going to come mostly from lots more eating.

I might guess the best approach would be, to do it for say 6 weeks, then go back to a more middle of the road, reg vol and frequency program.
Remember too, these guys were using PEDS, so recovery and or most any type resistance, will produce above any natural outcomes.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it al comes down to intensity. Some are able to go far beyond what others consider failure.

Some think they train intens, but still stick to the comfort zone...for them this style doesn't work.

Dorian and Mike were masters of intensity.....

lboston

lboston

Awards
It's kinda like old Mentzer stuff. Low rep, low set, forced reps, etc. etc. super high intensity stuff. Some guys seem to do okay with it, some guys need more volume with less intensity to stave off CNS burnout perhaps. Which I think is one of the reasons it does not work great for many. It is not magic, or a magic way to train.
I did that stuff and really did not notice any huge difference from my reg volume/frequency stuff, but I had already been rather advanced and any big gains in BW, were going to come mostly from lots more eating.

I might guess the best approach would be, to do it for say 6 weeks, then go back to a more middle of the road, reg vol and frequency program.
Remember too, these guys were using PEDS, so recovery and or most any type resistance, will produce above any natural outcomes.
Forgive my ignorance, but what are PEDS?

I'm liking it somewhat thus far, but I can see the need for a workout partner when doing this type of training. I don't have one and if I get a spot it's from a friend at the gym. That makes going to failure difficult.