Dorian Yates style HIT training - AnabolicMinds.com

Dorian Yates style HIT training

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Dorian Yates style HIT training

Anyone ever train like this? I've been doing it about 3 weeks now and not sure I'm reaping much benefit.

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That's what I'm doing now I'm loving it and seeing great results. Its a good way to stay lean while bulking up but your diet has to be on point man it really does
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

It's kinda like old Mentzer stuff. Low rep, low set, forced reps, etc. etc. super high intensity stuff. Some guys seem to do okay with it, some guys need more volume with less intensity to stave off CNS burnout perhaps. Which I think is one of the reasons it does not work great for many. It is not magic, or a magic way to train.
    I did that stuff and really did not notice any huge difference from my reg volume/frequency stuff, but I had already been rather advanced and any big gains in BW, were going to come mostly from lots more eating.

I might guess the best approach would be, to do it for say 6 weeks, then go back to a more middle of the road, reg vol and frequency program.
    Remember too, these guys were using PEDS, so recovery and or most any type resistance, will produce above any natural outcomes.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

it al comes down to intensity. Some are able to go far beyond what others consider failure.

Some think they train intens, but still stick to the comfort zone...for them this style doesn't work.

Dorian and Mike were masters of intensity.....
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    It's kinda like old Mentzer stuff. Low rep, low set, forced reps, etc. etc. super high intensity stuff. Some guys seem to do okay with it, some guys need more volume with less intensity to stave off CNS burnout perhaps. Which I think is one of the reasons it does not work great for many. It is not magic, or a magic way to train.
    I did that stuff and really did not notice any huge difference from my reg volume/frequency stuff, but I had already been rather advanced and any big gains in BW, were going to come mostly from lots more eating.

I might guess the best approach would be, to do it for say 6 weeks, then go back to a more middle of the road, reg vol and frequency program.
    Remember too, these guys were using PEDS, so recovery and or most any type resistance, will produce above any natural outcomes.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what are PEDS?

I'm liking it somewhat thus far, but I can see the need for a workout partner when doing this type of training. I don't have one and if I get a spot it's from a friend at the gym. That makes going to failure difficult.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post

Forgive my ignorance, but what are PEDS.
    Performance enhancing drugs...
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

Performance enhancing drugs...
    Should've known that. Too early to get acronyms right now!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 6 week GVT followed by Dorian Yates' HIT
    By McCoy1989 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 06:19 AM
  2. Dorian yates style traing....feedback?
    By Trapstar in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 02:02 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 07:25 AM
  4. Dorian Yates training method?
    By rippednKY in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 05:45 PM
  5. dorian yates lean cream ?
    By patrol in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1