Shoulders Bruised From Front Squats...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I just began front squatting & was wondering if the bruising across the shoulders will eventually stop or am I just going to have to get used to it happening?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really depends on weight and how much mass you have on your shoulders. Just starting out expect it to be present for the first 2 months but goes away, then once heavier weights involved it only lasts 2 or so days.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Been front squatting for a long time, some times it happens, sometimes it doesn't. If I go really heavy, or during heavy cleans ill get them. Just watch your collar bones, mine stick out (busted em when I was a kid) and if I'm not paying attention I'll bruise them....that sucks!!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been front squatting for a long time, some times it happens, sometimes it doesn't. If I go really heavy, or during heavy cleans ill get them. Just watch your collar bones, mine stick out (busted em when I was a kid) and if I'm not paying attention I'll bruise them....that sucks!!
Collarbone rash sucks, and only leads to ?s you dont feel like answering lol

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Thanks guys... The bruising is almost nonexistent after 2 days... As long as it's mostly gone by next squat, I'm good... Enjoying the front squats too much for that to stop me...

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
if your really worried about it just wrap a hand towl at the points its on your shoulder/collor area and enjoy

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
if your really worried about it just wrap a hand towl at the points its on your shoulder/collor area and enjoy
Simple fix... I'll give it a shot... Thanks...

Abner

Awards
I would like to say thanks to you for your this kindness.