19, 6'1 , 185 looking for advice
- 07-06-2013, 09:47 AM
19, 6'1 , 185 looking for advice
Hey everyone im 19, 6'1 about 185 looking to make gains , Im in the military so i wake up at about 4 am and work untill 3 pm when would be the best time for me to go to the gym. Also im looking for advice on what supplements i should take right now i take BSN amino x , ******** protein, Pro labs creatine monohydrate, and c4 pre work out , I Just started taking all my supplements since i just got all situated at my new base , i was wondering if you recommend adding the animal pack for vitamins and omegas, also what other supplements could help me get gains.
-Usually i eat right when i wake up a cup of oatmeal , then at around 7 ill get my breakfast which is i get what i get - fake scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, french toast or pancakes, potatoes or hashbrowns, then they give us some nutrigrain bars and cerial but i usually dont eat them , i know thats a horrible breakfast but i dont have a choice its either eat that or dont eat untill lunch,
- for lunch theres not much of an option either you can choose from a turkey,chicken or ham salad , which i dont eat because its loaded with cheese and salad dressing, or a chicken sandwhich or a bagel with cream cheese with water , yogurt , apple usually,
- for dinner i usually get 2 cups of water , 2 servings of rice, chicken, brocoli, with what ever fruit they have usually grapes.
Then i go to the gym usually around 7 or 8 for 1- 1.5 hours depending on if i have stuff to do or not
Gym- my routines right now is chest/triceps, Biceps/shoulders, back/legs/abbs then start over with chest/triceps i am doing 5x5 for my main sets aka bench,shoulder press, squats and then for like triceps i usually do 3x10 same with the smaller workouts for chest and shoulders
Im just looking for what you guys think i could do with my situation to help me make the gains i want and what i can do to improve my results with the work out and what not ..... thanks for looking
- 07-06-2013, 11:10 AM
- 6'0" 240 lbs.
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
Well IMO, workout when you can and have the most energy left after your workday.
- Stay focused on more of a single primary goal, as that is much easier to target and maintain and keep simple.
-Keep consistent and determined and do not overthink little stuff like rep cadence, tut or fiber angles or types.
-Keep the big 5-7 compound exercises always in the foreground working them first, hard and working around 70%-80% of a 1 rep max load for some multi sets and reps.
-The more effort you put in on the biggest muscle groups ie: legs, back, hips, shoulders, the more BW and stronger all over you will get.
(A tree needs to big big and strong at the base in order to hold heavy branches.)
-Try to do a majority of the work, standing, to help strengthen the core, spine/erectors and load the entire fitness system.
-Eat and sleep well.
Have you looked into any written routines, that engage more muscles bigger groups in a single W/O?
Similar Forum Threads
- By babbyrattles in forum AnabolicsReplies: 11Last Post: 03-02-2006, 06:29 AM
- By w00kie in forum Weight LossReplies: 7Last Post: 01-27-2006, 02:09 PM
- By ali11atc in forum RecipesReplies: 7Last Post: 01-08-2006, 11:23 AM
- By Roy Hatred in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 7Last Post: 07-24-2005, 03:55 AM
- By canadian champ in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:22 PM