How long till you were happy?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post

Obliques day one, abs day two, and repeat. That's what I've been doing and seen great results
    Is it better to do them at the end of a workout or at the start? Or doesn't really matter?

2. Quote Originally Posted by TimmyWazza View Post

Is it better to do them at the end of a workout or at the start? Or doesn't really matter?
    That's a good question. I do them after but I know some people do them before or at a desperate time during the day just so they don't forget.
    •   

3. Sometimes I work my abs by progressive overload by eating pounds of steak to make them work hardcore to keep my stomach flat. Yea, Ima badass. Lol I work abs when I work calves and forearms, second in that lineup, and once per 8 days. They are sore for four days and they get work stabilizing on squat/deadlift day as well. Mine are thick and blocky.

4. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post

That's a good question. I do them after but I know some people do them before or at a desperate time during the day just so they don't forget.
    Yeah I train mine at the end of a workout as well seems to be working for me. I'm gonna try obliques on back and bi day and abs on chest and shoulders day.

5. Quote Originally Posted by hvylifter View Post
    Sometimes I work my abs by progressive overload by eating pounds of steak to make them work hardcore to keep my stomach flat. Yea, Ima badass. Lol I work abs when I work calves and forearms, second in that lineup, and once per 8 days. They are sore for four days and they get work stabilizing on squat/deadlift day as well. Mine are thick and blocky.
    Working core a lot more has actually helped my deads and squats. What do you do for forearms?
    •   

6. I do barbell wrist curls, then I use a dumbbell minus one side to hit the outer axis. Main work is deads, shrugs, any pulling exercises, no straps ever.

7. Quote Originally Posted by hvylifter View Post
    I do barbell wrist curls, then I use a dumbbell minus one side to hit the outer axis. Main work is deads, shrugs, any pulling exercises, no straps ever.
    Yeah sweet I'm gonna start throwing some barbell wrist curls in on shoulder day. I've told myself that I'm never gonna use straps or gloves I want to build everything even I strong grip. Gets a bit hectic sometimes doing deads when the bar starts slipping haha

8. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Agreed, there's always room for improvement in size, definition or form. Its funny though because the way you see yourself and the way people see you is completely different.

Every person I see says I'm big but I look in the mirror and I say "look at this small fry,now let's crush more weight to get bigger!". Lol probably a self image issue, whatever =D
    It is almost like a reverse anorexia. It is probably related to a skewed body image and insecurities and or never being enough.
    It is also not related physically, (that is just how we view it) since I have met huge guys who feel pretty small and a few smaller guys who are fine with their statures or builds.
    The one thing I have learned is, if you can be happy with not doing so great or missing a few PR's, that simply makes the training better (to stay in the groove) and more positive, then when the PR's do come, they are even more welcomed or more of a satisfaction.

9. Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post

It is almost like a reverse anorexia. It is probably related to a skewed body image and insecurities and or never being enough.
    It is also not related physically, (that is just how we view it) since I have met huge guys who feel pretty small and a few smaller guys who are fine with their statures or builds.
    The one thing I have learned is, if you can be happy with not doing so great or missing a few PR's, that simply makes the training better (to stay in the groove) and more positive, then when the PR's do come, they are even more welcomed or more of a satisfaction.
    This is actually some great advice because that way you never walk out of the gym feeling disappointed you will always walk out happy and if you do reach a pr you will feel even better. Cheers mate.

10. Quote Originally Posted by TimmyWazza View Post

I superset obliques with DB chest press, using 80's and doing side leans and end the workout with wood chops.

Abs after.

Idk if it really matters, just Do what works for you.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post

I superset obliques with DB chest press, using 80's and doing side leans and end the workout with wood chops.

Abs after.

Idk if it really matters, just Do what works for you.
    I did obliques yesterday. I did side leans with a plank superset then 3 sets of as many Russian twists as I could do I'm def feeling it today haha

12. Always a way to improve but I look better than most people my age *23* and that's sad. Makes me feel like king **** but I want more.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How long before you know it is working?
    By wikked1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-25-2013, 02:22 PM
  2. How long do you wait till you drink your post workout shake?
    By planetfuzz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 08:40 PM
  3. How long should you wait.
    By RLD in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 08:22 PM
  4. How long should you train before trying PHs?
    By Moyer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 09:30 AM
  5. How long before you expirenced results / sides?
    By theSCHICK in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 11:21 AM