How long till you were happy?

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
Hey all been training for bit over 6 months and loving it finally getting decent results and happy with my progress (obviously wanna keep getting bigger haha) just wondering how long it took for you to be happy with what you were seeing?
TimmyWazza.

Touey

Touey

Awards
Hey all been training for bit over 6 months and loving it finally getting decent results and happy with my progress (obviously wanna keep getting bigger haha) just wondering how long it took for you to be happy with what you were seeing?
TimmyWazza.
When you are happy and have contentment on the inside it will make you like the out and proud of accomplishments made...

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
I am happy with where I am at and will be even happier when I continue to improve. I will be the happiest when my days on earth draw to a close and I can look back and honestly say I did everything in my power to improve myself physically, mentally and socially(helping those around me improve.)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel like the minute you are happy/satisfied, you stop trying to improve.. :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If life were only that easy. Ha ha. Life is made of peaks and valleys for most. Learning to live without needing outside validation/ego needs or any attachments is what many middle and eastern religions/philosophies are based on. (see buddhism et al). Being happy without needing a reason will be the absolute best of life's approaches. Otherwise, most if not all emotional states, wave in and out. The human seems to survive hunting "more" and the hunt, does not always produce what the ego wants as an outcome.
Oh, and don't look at me for knowing how to live in a constant happy state. I am as addicted to lifting and my insecurities and ego attachments as most people . At times lifting really delivers and other times, I seem to hit a huge wall.

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
If life were only that easy. Ha ha. Life is made of peaks and valleys for most. Learning to live without needing outside validation/ego needs or any attachments is what many middle and eastern religions/philosophies are based on. (see buddhism et al). Being happy without needing a reason will be the absolute best of life's approaches. Otherwise, most if not all emotional states, wave in and out. The human seems to survive hunting "more" and the hunt, does not always produce what the ego wants as an outcome.
Oh, and don't look at me for knowing how to live in a constant happy state. I am as addicted to lifting and my insecurities and ego attachments as most people . At times lifting really delivers and other times, I seem to hit a huge wall.
Very well put mate. Training in the gym makes me really happy and the change of appearance is a great bonus. Since joining the gym I've had a complete lifestyle change and never felt better. What I really meant with this post was to see roughly the time it took people when they first started training to get the results they were after or to put on a decent amount of lean size they are happy with.

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very well put mate. Training in the gym makes me really happy and the change of appearance is a great bonus. Since joining the gym I've had a complete lifestyle change and never felt better. What I really meant with this post was to see roughly the time it took people when they first started training to get the results they were after or to put on a decent amount of lean size they are happy with.
Yeah i was being all insightful and showing off some old man wisdom.
I think your efforts are great and much better spent than smoking and overeating and making bad habits harder to change as you get older.
I still love to workout and it does make me happy just to have the health and outlook to do it on a very regular basis.
Glad you are getting your investments met, and here is to many more years of bliss, hitting the gym and taking that positive feeling and work into your daily life with good self esteem and a good body image.
I think Arnold once said, "Nothing is better than the pump, the pump is better than cumming"

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
Yeah i was being all insightful and showing off some old man wisdom.
I think your efforts are great and much better spent than smoking and overeating and making bad habits harder to change as you get older.
I still love to workout and it does make me happy just to have the health and outlook to do it on a very regular basis.
Glad you are getting your investments met, and here is to many more years of bliss, hitting the gym and taking that positive feeling and work into your daily life with good self esteem and a good body image.
I think Arnold once said, "Nothing is better than the pump, the pump is better than cumming"
Haha yeah gotta love the pump! That doco was a great inspiration as well. Cheers mate

hvylifter

hvylifter

Awards
  • Established
Been training 23 years, never happy. Ok, but never happy.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The pursuit of total wellness is lifelong. Some lift for better body comp, others stress relief, and many go for simple social interaction. No matter the goal its human nature to want more and the small glimmers of light when you reach a goal only nurture the seed to press on to the next task.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never satisfied.
Agreed, there's always room for improvement in size, definition or form. Its funny though because the way you see yourself and the way people see you is completely different.

Every person I see says I'm big but I look in the mirror and I say "look at this small fry,now let's crush more weight to get bigger!". Lol probably a self image issue, whatever =D

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I'm pleased at times but never satisfied. I've been up to 245@16%bf and right now I'm down at 205and right around the same BF. I liked the way I looked better at that weight but I prefer the way I feel at the weight I'm at now. My goal starting fall is 225@ 10-12% and would like to try and just maintain at that for awhile. I can get to that weight natty too which is a plus but getting there at that BF% will be a challenge for me...... It's a constant roller coaster ride and if you have a life to tend to outside your personal physique goals then its endless.

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
Agreed, there's always room for improvement in size, definition or form. Its funny though because the way you see yourself and the way people see you is completely different.

Every person I see says I'm big but I look in the mirror and I say "look at this small fry,now let's crush more weight to get bigger!". Lol probably a self image issue, whatever =D
Haha I love this I'm exactly the same looking in the mirror look at those little baby arms obviously not training em hard enough!!! Lol

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Lol... Never! I'm picky bout my ccoks too! Lol
Really?! In every thread? Something tells me there's a reason you shouldn't be too picky or you'd have a man that would keep you from forum whorin. Sorry girl but its just gettin to be a bit much.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really?! In every thread? Something tells me there's a reason you shouldn't be too picky or you'd have a man that would keep you from forum whorin. Sorry girl but its just gettin to be a bit much.
Lolz

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
I'm pleased at times but never satisfied. I've been up to 245@16%bf and right now I'm down at 205and right around the same BF. I liked the way I looked better at that weight but I prefer the way I feel at the weight I'm at now. My goal starting fall is 225@ 10-12% and would like to try and just maintain at that for awhile. I can get to that weight natty too which is a plus but getting there at that BF% will be a challenge for me...... It's a constant roller coaster ride and if you have a life to tend to outside your personal physique goals then its endless.
I've been so strict with my diet and really hard on myself this year im pushing for 85kgs at around 10% bf max. At the moment I'm at about 81kgs with about 12-14% happy with how I'm looking but wanna be bigger and shredded haha. Sticking to my diet is the biggest challenge but everytime I feel like snacking on junk or whatever I just focus on what I want most

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
I'm extremely happy with how others view me, but all I see is a fatty that needs more mass.
You look pretty big and shredded from your dp bro id be pretty stoked with that if I was you haha

hvylifter

hvylifter

Awards
  • Established
You look pretty big and shredded from your dp bro id be pretty stoked with that if I was you haha
Thanks man. I used to weigh 305(strong) but fat. My main issue is my abs. I want them shredded but my food addiction is very difficult to beat. I have a six pac, but I want them cut deep, and I hate losing size or strength to get there. I used to only care about strength, now that I care about looks too, it's much more difficult in my head. The fat guy always wants more.

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
Thanks man. I used to weigh 305(strong) but fat. My main issue is my abs. I want them shredded but my food addiction is very difficult to beat. I have a six pac, but I want them cut deep, and I hate losing size or strength to get there. I used to only care about strength, now that I care about looks too, it's much more difficult in my head. The fat guy always wants more.
Yeah same here I'm working on a really deep v cut its starting to show but still needs a lot of work I'm trying to train abs at the end of at least every second training day. Someone was telling me you can train abs everyday? I find this hard to believe though cos I would have thought all muscles would need time to re grow.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah same here I'm working on a really deep v cut its starting to show but still needs a lot of work I'm trying to train abs at the end of at least every second training day. Someone was telling me you can train abs everyday? I find this hard to believe though cos I would have thought all muscles would need time to re grow.
I do cardio and abs every day and I can't argue with my results. People also say you can't train more than 3x a week, hence why I stopped listening to lazy idiots who fail to research or who are just scared to get off their couch.

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
Obliques day one, abs day two, and repeat. That's what I've been doing and seen great results

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
Obliques day one, abs day two, and repeat. That's what I've been doing and seen great results
Is it better to do them at the end of a workout or at the start? Or doesn't really matter?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it better to do them at the end of a workout or at the start? Or doesn't really matter?
That's a good question. I do them after but I know some people do them before or at a desperate time during the day just so they don't forget.

hvylifter

hvylifter

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes I work my abs by progressive overload by eating pounds of steak to make them work hardcore to keep my stomach flat. Yea, Ima badass. Lol I work abs when I work calves and forearms, second in that lineup, and once per 8 days. They are sore for four days and they get work stabilizing on squat/deadlift day as well. Mine are thick and blocky.

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
That's a good question. I do them after but I know some people do them before or at a desperate time during the day just so they don't forget.
Yeah I train mine at the end of a workout as well seems to be working for me. I'm gonna try obliques on back and bi day and abs on chest and shoulders day.

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
Sometimes I work my abs by progressive overload by eating pounds of steak to make them work hardcore to keep my stomach flat. Yea, Ima badass. Lol I work abs when I work calves and forearms, second in that lineup, and once per 8 days. They are sore for four days and they get work stabilizing on squat/deadlift day as well. Mine are thick and blocky.
Working core a lot more has actually helped my deads and squats. What do you do for forearms?

hvylifter

hvylifter

Awards
  • Established
I do barbell wrist curls, then I use a dumbbell minus one side to hit the outer axis. Main work is deads, shrugs, any pulling exercises, no straps ever.

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
I do barbell wrist curls, then I use a dumbbell minus one side to hit the outer axis. Main work is deads, shrugs, any pulling exercises, no straps ever.
Yeah sweet I'm gonna start throwing some barbell wrist curls in on shoulder day. I've told myself that I'm never gonna use straps or gloves I want to build everything even I strong grip. Gets a bit hectic sometimes doing deads when the bar starts slipping haha

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

It is almost like a reverse anorexia. It is probably related to a skewed body image and insecurities and or never being enough.
It is also not related physically, (that is just how we view it) since I have met huge guys who feel pretty small and a few smaller guys who are fine with their statures or builds.
The one thing I have learned is, if you can be happy with not doing so great or missing a few PR's, that simply makes the training better (to stay in the groove) and more positive, then when the PR's do come, they are even more welcomed or more of a satisfaction.

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
It is almost like a reverse anorexia. It is probably related to a skewed body image and insecurities and or never being enough.
It is also not related physically, (that is just how we view it) since I have met huge guys who feel pretty small and a few smaller guys who are fine with their statures or builds.
The one thing I have learned is, if you can be happy with not doing so great or missing a few PR's, that simply makes the training better (to stay in the groove) and more positive, then when the PR's do come, they are even more welcomed or more of a satisfaction.
This is actually some great advice because that way you never walk out of the gym feeling disappointed you will always walk out happy and if you do reach a pr you will feel even better. Cheers mate.

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
I superset obliques with DB chest press, using 80's and doing side leans and end the workout with wood chops.

Abs after.

Idk if it really matters, just Do what works for you.

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
I superset obliques with DB chest press, using 80's and doing side leans and end the workout with wood chops.

Abs after.

Idk if it really matters, just Do what works for you.
I did obliques yesterday. I did side leans with a plank superset then 3 sets of as many Russian twists as I could do I'm def feeling it today haha

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always a way to improve but I look better than most people my age *23* and that's sad. Makes me feel like king **** but I want more.