what time of the day do you have a better workout and why

gero09

Awards
So there is a bunch of article talking about what time of the day is better to workout and why?

But I have been having split workouts starting in between 12-1 and 6-7 (both PM) I have noticed a difference besides the obvious that one is 5 hours later into my day. Wondering if that later in the afternoon is better bc your body temp is high. I have also worked out a consistent manner during the spring.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
It shouldnt make a difference unless you have a preference. I train after 5pm because of work, plus i train better with some meals in me tummy....

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
So there is a bunch of article talking about what time of the day is better to workout and why?

But I have been having split workouts starting in between 12-1 and 6-7 (both PM) I have noticed a difference besides the obvious that one is 5 hours later into my day. Wondering if that later in the afternoon is better bc your body temp is high. I have also worked out a consistent manner during the spring.
do you mean some days you got between 12-1 and other days are 6-7? or do you go twice a day?

i do better mornings/early afternoon. only because later in the day, im ready to pass out, not work out. and its a good opener for my day

gero09

Awards
do you mean some days you got between 12-1 and other days are 6-7? or do you go twice a day?

i do better mornings/early afternoon. only because later in the day, im ready to pass out, not work out. and its a good opener for my day
Yeah some days I got at 12-1 and other days I go at 6-7. So yeah one a day.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There was some article put out years ago about better times. I think the conclusion was that optimal might be after you have been awake 6-8 hours but before you start to tire from the days work. It is of course going to matter what kind of job or outside stresses.
Bottom line, if your head is into the W/O and you are kicking it hard, it doesn't matter much when.
Casey Viator used to W/O at 2AM or some shozen.

gmanall

Awards
I feel my strongest in the morning, train when you feel best if you can.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
ill also add that training t commercial gyms after 3pm is crazy. im used to going around 7 and its still empty. but once work gets off, holy jeezus every queer in the world decides to curl in the only 2 squat racks with a group of 5 friends. compound that with summer break for high school and college students = phuk no for me

gero09

Awards
Funny you say that sense I'm still in college. But I hate when the gym is over crowded. Also makes me wonder why in the world there would be a lack of equipment when at rush hour there is prob more than 200 people in there. From the cardio machines to the weights and those bs Zumba classes (the only plus from that is that there are a few good looking chicks). LA fitness in the gables is cholo/chongo nest only lift there bc of how close it is to the crib

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Lol, ironically i will have to go back to fasted early morning training for awhile....

gero09

Awards
Fasted kills me if I don't eat I don't perform and if i do stims I turn into the ultimate crackhead

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
work out when you will do it consistently. that will get you the best results.

when you become one of the worlds elite then worrying about what time of day will get you those extra 1-2% gains will make a difference between first and second place.

Jericoe

Jericoe

Awards
Really early in the mornining

too late in the afternoon and i am usually tired.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I prefer to have a couple of meals before I go to the gym. Late afternoon, early evening treats me best.

In the morning everything hurts more, so I get fewer reps in.

healthychaser

Awards
Early in the morning works best for me i workout really early and come home and take a nap i like to do this because i forget i even worked out and i wake up sore i just need to watch my diet and then ill do like 20 pushups or situps before bed And wake up an repeat i forget i even worked out almost like dreaming but ive noticed i can run further and do more pushups.

hvylifter

hvylifter

Awards
  • Established
Early am for lifting or running. To much **** to do during the day and family time etc. Git-er-done while the family is asleep.