Bicep Work with 5/3/1?

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
I'm doing 5/3/1 and love it, I'm on my third week of the first cycle. I've had new PR's each week, so it works well.

Here's the question though, should I or could I add in some bicep work?

Currently, my forearms are 12" and biceps are 13.5" which seems a little disproportionate to me. I'm wanting my upper arms to be proportionately bigger than my forearms, in short.

Ideas?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do some bicep work. No reason to overthink it; if you don't feel the rowing & lat work are stimulating growth, do a few sets.

Jcweinsx

Awards
I do 5/3/1. I do some biceps/triceps on last day of training each week. I do more bi/triceps volume during the recovery week. Arm growth has been much more noticeable than before when I did not do any biceps work just rows and pull-ups. I don't really care about heavy weight on biceps, just go for time under tension and strong contractions. Try close grip neutral chin ups. I would not recommend doing bis more than 2x week during the normal working weeks. 1x week works for me.

Jericoe

Jericoe

Awards
Uhh yeah you can.

The whole point of 5/3/1 is you yourself plan your accessory work. Throwing in a set of curls isnt going to destroy your whole session, if anything it will benefit you.