not eating lower lift max?

K

Kylethehero

Awards
I went in today doing chest and my max was a lot less then normal. I didn't eat for 6 hours prior the workout, is this the culprit ? may sound dumb but just feeling really discouraged and looking for insight.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could be. A lot of people train fasted though as well. We're you goin for a true one rep max? Or the weight just wasnt as heavy as normal? You can't expect ever day to be a PR

K

Kylethehero

Awards
I go for 10 reps but I was only able to do like 6 reps with 10 pounds less. I'm just trying to distinguish if it was from a lack of protien intake from last workout or what I'm hoping it was just. A lack of fuel in the tank.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Impossible to know because there are so many different variables. Change in technique, lack of progressive overload, poor diet in general, sleep, recovery time ect ect ect OR just an off day. I highly highly doubt it's lack of protein from your last workout

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agree with Sean. If I had a dime...
Anyway, there are just some days you will have lower energy. Outside gym factors and mental stresses play a role too. The body is not a machine, it ebbs and waves just like anything in nature. Even bouts of supercompensation, have dips before increases.
Maybe not eating could drop your energy some, but it is not a situation that would be lasting, or that you actually lost anytime strength per se.

K

Kylethehero

Awards
wow very insightful guys thank you very much for your time and advice, very helpful!

Also while I have you gentlemen here I have another quick question that I could use help solving. I sleep 12 to 12 is this too long of a period To go without protein, would it effect my muscle gains? If its to any consolation I drink a casein shake before bed.

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I sleep 12 to 12 is this too long of a period To go without protein, would it effect my muscle gains? If its to any consolation I drink a casein shake before bed.
Can I ask your age first?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Protein isn't that magical. You don't suddenly turn catabolic if you miss your post workout protein or your pre-bed casein. You won't wake up shriveled up with muscle loss because you didnt wake up halfway through to drink protein. What matters is that you reach your goal by the end of the day.

Your issue is most likely diet as a whole, training, or some other variable