Bastardos

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
I need an exercise to replace bastardos in one of my circuits. The whole pressing then going behind my neck and squatting is hurting my shoulders. What another good exercise that works the whole body like bastardos that not hard on my shoulders

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Ok, just so I understand this: you power clean the bar, press it up, then squat with it on your back???
Have you tried thrusters? Look em up on YouTube, you may like those

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
Ok, just so I understand this: you power clean the bar, press it up, then squat with it on your back???
Have you tried thrusters? Look em up on YouTube, you may like those
Yes that's correct. Let me explain something so you might understand more. I implement it in a circuit I do. It's the last round of the circuit and I do them as many times in 5 minutes as I can. So the problem comes when my body is dead tired and pushing 95 pounds up over my head in a fatigued state my shoulders wanna just go backwards. I think that's how I hurt them. I'm training for a fight and I get there is nothing healthy about getting punched in the face as it is but I gotta find something easier on my shoulders. Ill check them out

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
well stop doing them and do something safer for your body. also work on shoulder mobility as this may be pointing towards a need for it.

and by you stating circuit i am thinking you are aiming for a cardiovascular benefit more so then a muscle building, skill building, or technical building exercise. if that is the case do things like swing a sledge, do farmers walks, yolk walks, keg carries, tire flips, KB swings, etc and stop doing technically advanced lifts like cleans (of any variations) when you are fatigued and trying to fatigue yourself even more.

i know you have come on here asking other questions and stated you have a coach. the more i hear about your coach the more i realize strength and condition is not his thing as he is having you do all kinds of wrong, bad, and inefficient. he may be a great MMA coach but he needs to leave the S&C to professionals.

sporticuz

sporticuz

Awards
Yes I agree. He's not a pt by any means. But I do know that I have to have muscular endurance in my arms legs and core. I do realize that I'm most likely not going to push anyone over my head anyways. So I did some research and squats to landmines are better. And I don't have that weird transition from press to my back.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
well stop doing them and do something safer for your body. also work on shoulder mobility as this may be pointing towards a need for it.

and by you stating circuit i am thinking you are aiming for a cardiovascular benefit more so then a muscle building, skill building, or technical building exercise. if that is the case do things like swing a sledge, do farmers walks, yolk walks, keg carries, tire flips, KB swings, etc and stop doing technically advanced lifts like cleans (of any variations) when you are fatigued and trying to fatigue yourself even more.

i know you have come on here asking other questions and stated you have a coach. the more i hear about your coach the more i realize strength and condition is not his thing as he is having you do all kinds of wrong, bad, and inefficient. he may be a great MMA coach but he needs to leave the S&C to professionals.
This. Be very careful with doing technical movements AMRAP. In fact, I would suggest dropping them completely. Ozzie has some great examples which would be better suited and place you at a much lower risk for injury.