joh408's Longterm Quest for Fitness

Page 13 of 70 First ... 1112131415 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    Feeling real sick. I'm tired, throat hurts real bad and I got a lot of aches. Not gonna push it. I'll get back on track in a few days.
    You to?! I've been sick since Sunday. It sucks. Had to skip the gym today

2. It's been going around, everyone is getting it, I just got rid of mine a couple of days ago, sucks.
    •   

3. It's miserable. I was feeling fine Sunday night. Woke up yesterday feeling crappy and then the cough came on last night. Not what I wanted
    Justin
    Instagram: legsthesizeofkegs

4. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    It's miserable. I was feeling fine Sunday night. Woke up yesterday feeling crappy and then the cough came on last night. Not what I wanted
    That cough is horrid dude

5. Feeling better when I woke up today. Took 1.5g ARA 30 minutes preworkout. Decided to cut back a bit on volume

D1W3C4
    OHP
    45x10
    65x5
    75x5
    85x3
    110x5
    120x3
    135x1
    Decided to not push it and just did the prescribed rep. Won't hurt anything in the long run
    85x10x3

Pull-ups supersetted with last 5 sets of OHP
    5x5

Facepulls
    50x25
    50x20
    50x15

DB Rows
    90x10
    90x6
    Wasn't my best effort but wanted to get some rowing done

Shoulders were pumped to the max. I've been noticing when I workout shoulders on ARA, I no longer have shoulder pain. Movement is smooth and I don't get any clicking moving my left arm. Kinda interesting...

I'm glad I got my ass to the gym. I feel loads better now just pushing through the workout. I wouldn't have been able to lift the last couple days because my head has been such a mess. Finally able to focus today
    Justin
    •   

6. That's great man, glad your feeling better

7. Thanks Pete! It seems to be a quick sickness. Cough and sinuses are still acting up but my head feels much better
    Justin

8. D2W3C4
    Sumo DL
    Warmup
    135x5
    185x5
    225x3
    285x5
    320x3
    355x4

Conventional DL
    205x10x3

BB Bentover Rows
    Shoulder width grip:
    205x1.5
    185x5
    155x5x2
    Wide grip:
    155x5x3

Low Bar Squat
    45x10
    135x5x2
    185x5
    225x5x2

Ab Wheel From Knees
    5x3

Still a little weak today from the sickness. I'm pretty happy with 4 reps on 355. Had good speed on the conventional. I love rows so I add them when I can. Working on low bar squat so I can transition if I want. I watched a couple videos on the set up and by the 3rd set I was comfortable and tight. Might switch to low bar for a couple cycles to get under some heavy weight.

Taking my time doing this last week. Should be at the gym for bench tomorrow and then squats on Monday or Tuesday. Once I hit squats ill deload and start a new cycle next Monday.
    Justin

9. Good session, especially gettin back into it
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

10. Thanks Sean.

I'm mad at myself, was going to lift yesterday, slipped on some black ice and busted my ass down some stairs. Landed on my elbow and it's still swollen and hurting. Gonna give it a go tomorrow
    Justin

11. Dayum, man, you're falling apart!

Just kidding. Hope you recover quickly bro!
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

12. Take care of that elbow man

13. Bench tonight:
    200x8
    Justin

14. D3W3C4
    Bench
    45x10
    95x5
    110x5
    125x3
    160x5
    180x3
    200x8 Rep PR

Reverse Grip BB Bench
    135x10
    135x8
    135x7

Tricep Rope Pulldown
    80x10
    90x10
    100x10

Tricep V Bar Pushdown
    100x10
    110x10
    120x10
    130x9

Wide Grip BB Row // Shoulder Width BB Row
    135x10 // 135x10
    135x8 // 135x8
    135x8 // 135x8

Cable Chest Flyes
    50x10
    60x6

Felt quezy and decided to call it quits. Freezing walk home and my stomach is still kind of upset. Trying to force down some food now
    Justin

15. My stack I am running right now:
    3g DAA
    4 caps Alphamax
    5g Creatine Mono
    Fish Oils

Preworkout:
    1g ALCAR
    3g GMS
    1.5g ARA

Gotta say this stack is working awesome. I'm sitting around 190-192 daily and that's exactly where I want to stay for the next couple weeks. Looks like I am losing some fat and my muscles are getting bigger. The DAA/Alphamax must be doing something good as the weights went up today. Work capacity still isn't there right now but it'll get better once I am completely over this sickness.
    Justin

16. Great looking stack! Are you using bulk DAA?

17. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Great looking stack! Are you using bulk DAA?
    Ya just some AI Sports DAA. I picked up 300g for pretty cheap
    Justin

18. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    Ya just some AI Sports DAA. I picked up 300g for pretty cheap
    That's cool, it's a quality company

19. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    That's cool, it's a quality company
    Ya I feel like it's working so I guess that's all that matters haha. I'll probably run this tub out with the Alphamax and go from there
    Justin

20. D4W3C4
    Squat
    Bar x 10
    135x5
    170x5
    205x3
    265x5
    300x3
    330x5

Low bar
    135x10
    185x10
    185x5 with 3-5 second pause in the hole

Front
    185x2

Lying Leg Curls
    110x10x3

Kneeling Ab Wheel
    2 sets of 5
    Justin

21. Getting a lot of acne on my chest and back. It could be the DAA or Alphamax but I'm not sure. Probably gonna drop out the DAA on Monday and see if my skin clears up in a couple weeks.
    Justin

22. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    Getting a lot of acne on my chest and back. It could be the DAA or Alphamax but I'm not sure. Probably gonna drop out the DAA on Monday and see if my skin clears up in a couple weeks.
    Acne is an indication of increased testosterone. Not necessarily a bad thing.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

23. Yes, I wouldn't drop it. Run it out.

24. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Acne is an indication of increased testosterone. Not necessarily a bad thing.
    Ya and that's why I was debating whether I should keep going with the stack. Just kinda sucks that my chest and back look like I have chicken pox haha. I'll probably stick with it for awhile and try to take better care of my skin.
    Justin

25. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    Ya and that's why I was debating whether I should keep going with the stack. Just kinda sucks that my chest and back look like I have chicken pox haha. I'll probably stick with it for awhile and try to take better care of my skin.
    Bed Bath & Beyond has a scrubby pad on a stick that works well for the back.

I'd use it up.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. .:|:. ZB126's Quest for Total Fitness w/LG .:|:.
    By zb126 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 09:09 PM
  2. Secrets of NASM - a Quest for Certification
    By BodyWizard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 09:35 PM
  3. OCCFan023's Quest for Single Digits
    By OCCFan023 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 10:56 PM
  4. My quest for 20lbs!