Twice a week weight lifting

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by sporticuz View Post
    Like I said when it comes to mma I've just really been listening to my coach. So what do you think I should do? I train 3 times a week. Do very hiit circuits 2 times a week. Lift two times a week. Steady state cardio twice a week and do heavy bag training two to three times a week. What would you change in that
    Without knowing your overall work capacity, experience, fighting style, etc., I can't make an educated decision.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. I gotcha. Well thanks for the info. Ill see if I can implement some of your thoughts into my workout.
    •   

3. 5-3-1 on the two day template. If you want conditioning ideas I can lay some out. I've had good success or try looking up Martin Rooney and his book "Training for Warriors". I use a bunch of his stuff, especially the hurricane workout. Best bang for the buck if you are a layman fighter with limited time.

4. Well I have routine Mondays and Fridays. I need something on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday that will improve muscle endurance at the same time as maintaining strength and adding power. I just can't figure a way to do that. I have to get down to 145 at the same time. I'm currently 157

5. Quote Originally Posted by sporticuz View Post
    Well I have routine Mondays and Fridays. I need something on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday that will improve muscle endurance at the same time as maintaining strength and adding power. I just can't figure a way to do that. I have to get down to 145 at the same time. I'm currently 157
    You're already at weight. 12lbs is nothing considering you're not depleted.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. Yeah I've come from 175. So it's just nail biting I guess

7. Quote Originally Posted by sporticuz View Post
    Yeah I've come from 175. So it's just nail biting I guess
    You'd be shocked at the cuts of the top-tier guys.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. Yeah I imagine.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tabatas twice a week to maintain fat loss while lifting?
    By MrBumboclart in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 08:05 PM
  2. twice a week enough with 1-test cyp?
    By Bas4Lizzife in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 11:08 AM
  3. Iron Master Self-Spotting Weight Lifting System
    By cavemandave in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 04:29 PM
  4. Lying about weights lifted