Workout help

bsevchek3

bsevchek3

Awards
Looking for a new workout. It seems like no matter what I do, I am doing the same workouts over and over. I feel like I am plateauing and want a recharge. Anone have any good workouts (doesnt matter what body part) they want to share? Id try anything. Thanks

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Look into a proven program. To shock your system try something like high rep GVT, or if you have been doing high rep switch over to 5/3/1 for a while. I am a fan of PHAT, and I am looking to try mountain dog soon some members have got great results.

Read through some proven routines and try the one that looks the most opposite to your current routine is my suggestion

bsevchek3

bsevchek3

Awards
Thanks man. Just hate that feeling when you feel like your pushing and pushing but not getting results.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just hate that feeling when you feel like your pushing and pushing but not getting results.
Um, that might be the problem. You are pushing, but not enjoying it or your head is not really into an exact plan. I could write novels.
Here is something to try, because "routine" is a word that can be negative or positive, depending on mindset.
A few suggestions but maybe only pick 1 or 2 of them...
How about a complete back off week first?
How about a training partner(s)?
How about a very specific goal on say one lift for a new total letting all other lifts take a back seat for about 6-8 weeks?
How about different workout days thru the week?
How about a reprogram ie; trying some WSM stuff or if you are BBing, some PLing stuff or vice versa?
Do you W/O at home, what about short gym membership?

This is a life long endeavor to many of us. Maybe you too!? You got time, so make sure you are having fun with this boring routine stuff, because that is what it really is, work and routines and regular repetitious straining that we are supposed to enjoy.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Just hate that feeling when you feel like your pushing and pushing but not getting results.
you might love the 5/3/1 program then........jim kind of makes a game of beating your reps, if last month u benched 225 for 6 and this month you can bang out 7 you just got stronger. it helps me get focused on 1 rep at a time or 5#'s at a time