Doing Bi's and Forearms on Off Day?

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
Pretty simple question: is it fine for me to do bi's and forearms on an off day while using 5/3/1? Basically because I'm bored at home and want to go to the gym but have no idea what I could work on an off day. Ideas, tips, opinions, etc?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Pretty simple question: is it fine for me to do bi's and forearms on an off day while using 5/3/1? Basically because I'm bored at home and want to go to the gym but have no idea what I could work on an off day. Ideas, tips, opinions, etc?
I'd work some pull-ups and dips into your assistance and do conditioning on off days. You'll accomplish the same thing and lean out at the same time if diet is tight.

<----not a big fan of direct arm work, let alone a day just for arms...

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
I'd work some pull-ups and dips into your assistance and do conditioning on off days. You'll accomplish the same thing and lean out at the same time if diet is tight.

<----not a big fan of direct arm work, let alone a day just for arms...
I was "supposed" to have an off day yesterday but ended up doing just back work with my buddy that called me and asked if I wanted to. Did a lot of pull-ups and chin ups, 5x10 and then 1x5, 1x5, 1x5. So 65 total. I did dips on bench day, 5x10. So I've got those in my assistance work already. I'm just trying to figure out something to do because I'm bored out of my mind and want to hit the weights, lol

napalm

napalm

Awards
I was "supposed" to have an off day yesterday but ended up doing just back work with my buddy that called me and asked if I wanted to. Did a lot of pull-ups and chin ups, 5x10 and then 1x5, 1x5, 1x5. So 65 total. I did dips on bench day, 5x10. So I've got those in my assistance work already. I'm just trying to figure out something to do because I'm bored out of my mind and want to hit the weights, lol
Then do some conditioning/mobility.

Doing a lot of work on off days will at some point affect your main lifts...

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
Then do some conditioning.

Doing a lot of work on off days will at some point affect your main lifts...
Alright, so I may go do 30 or so minutes on cardio, then go practice on the speed bag for a little while, maybe beat the sht out of the punching bag. Just something to get me moving.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed with Napalm, hit up some conditioning. Maybe some direct ab work if you don't hit that up usually? If your not a fan of cardio, do some HIIT.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Alright, so I may go do 30 or so minutes on cardio, then go practice on the speed bag for a little while, maybe beat the sht out of the punching bag. Just something to get me moving.
That's a much better plan.

Good luck...

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
Agreed with Napalm, hit up some conditioning. Maybe some direct ab work if you don't hit that up usually? If your not a fan of cardio, do some HIIT.
Cardio doesn't bother me too bad, usually. Sometimes if I do too much my hip starts to grind in the socket. And yeah, ab work does sound like a good idea today. Did 17 SETS (not a typo) of abs last Wednesday, I'll go for 20 today.

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
That's a much better plan.

Good luck...
Today is also my first day to do my independent log of Condense and D-Pol, so I should be pretty well energized, lol. I'm just going to go until I feel like dropping, haha

gravitygames

Awards
rest is rest day off is day off. calm down ease your mind. i think your thinking to much. just a thought so dont take it offencive but if you must ab work and go for a run.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
keep this in mind, i have won my weight class at my last 2 powerlifting meets, done at different weight classes too. i work out consistently twice a week right now. 3 days if im feeling spry. you can accomplish a lot with hard work, hard eating, and hard sleeping.

right now i am doing a few hundred swings a day. and that is only to drop down to a lighter weight class for my next week. i want to win 3 meets in a row at 3 different weight classes.

so relax. enjoy the time off. get a hobby. hang with friends. read a book on exercise even.