How to hit abs??

1. How to hit abs??

Should you 1. hit abs every day moderately 2. Hit abs weighted 1 day and reps the next then day off and repeat 3. Hit abs as hard as possible 1 or two times a week

2. Treat them like any other muscle group, you don't want to overtrain them. And if you want to see them, focus on diet.
    •   

3. ok I feel ya I mean I just hear people say all the time that's its ok to hit them every day... I usually do one day heavy one day reps and then take a day off should I switch to just 1 or 2 times a week?

4. If you're doing compound movements for your other lifts, the abs will be hit during those as well. I do them usually once a week, sometimes twice depending how I'm feeling.

5. yea that sounds bout right I mean I hit a lot of lifts that use abs so maybe twice a week ill hit them hard on their own. Thanks a lot!
    •   

6. Honestly, I get more ab work doing big lifts - squats, deads, jerks, OH squat, front squat, back squat, cleans, snatch, press. I never do any direct ab work and I have plenty of ab definition. You won't see ANY abs unless your diet is on lock.
    HiTech Representative

7. Quote Originally Posted by Epolis13 View Post
    Honestly, I get more ab work doing big lifts - squats, deads, jerks, OH squat, front squat, back squat, cleans, snatch, press. I never do any direct ab work and I have plenty of ab definition. You won't see ANY abs unless your diet is on lock.
    ^^this. I may do body curls once a week but that's about it. If you lift heavy with compound movements your midsection will develop . But a poor diet will cover it up
  8. you can call me "ozzie" for short.

9. I agree with the 2 above posters. I hit abs maybe once a week, but compound lifting is where it's at.

10. The only time you will find me doing core is if there is a decent looking female in the sweat room. Otherwise it is just heavy lifting for core.

11. Did anyone mention diet? (I know they did)

I hate it when people ask, "Yooo, what did you do for those abs, bro?" and I tell them, "Eat right" and they look disappointed.

Train them every day, every other day, just do the big lifts, it doesn't matter - it's all pointless if they're covered in fat. Going to the gym is fun, eating like a monk isn't. That's the difference.
    Go hard. Go heavy. Never stop.

12. good article up there! and yea I know diet will help a lot with tone I just need to find a balance with mass and cut up! Im 210 right now and have decent ab definition but how much would I have to lose ya know!

13. abs are made in the kitchen. period, diet is 90% of the battle

14. Quote Originally Posted by fame126 View Post
    abs are made in the kitchen. period, diet is 90% of the battle
    Diet is 100% and training the other 100%.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    The only time you will find me doing core is if there is a decent looking female in the sweat room. Otherwise it is just heavy lifting for core.
    I think I have seen this happen before

16. My vote is 3. Are you looking for an AB routine? ABS don't even need weights for the non pro bb
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

17. Quote Originally Posted by Epolis13 View Post
    Honestly, I get more ab work doing big lifts - squats, deads, jerks, OH squat, front squat, back squat, cleans, snatch, press. I never do any direct ab work and I have plenty of ab definition. You won't see ANY abs unless your diet is on lock.
    Same here. Check my threads before and afters. During my whole cut I did virtually no direct ab work. "Abs are made in the kitchen" are words to live by
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How to hit lower tricep
    By newman897 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 07:39 PM
  2. how to do abs???????
    By lift or die in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 06:06 PM
  3. How to lose that fat on the bottom abs
    By MkUltra in forum Weight Loss