Do you change your routine while on a cycle?

REALDEAL012

Awards
^^^^^^^^^^
Just trying to get some input here. I have seen and heard mixed opinions on altering volume, frequency and intensity while cycling versus during an off period. What do y'all think?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always increase load on cycle and go with more power movements. I end up benching, squatting, dead lifting, and pulling heavy (5 rep range) 2-3 days a week, and then work in some very high rep movements to stretch and pump those areas more.
Then my next 6 weeks off cycle I will go down to 2 days a week using the above.
Then my bridge between cycles I usually dedicate a body part a day and use mostly 8-10 rep range.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
personally, no but I know others who add in more volume and/or frequency since cycle comes with increased recovery. Something like PHAT would be fun

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would start the 'new' routine just before cycle, so I can see and feel the difference when I'm on.

Only difference would be volume maybe...on cycle I always feel like doing more and I can get a way with that:)

PCT is the time what seperates te boys from the men.

Kleaver

Awards
Thats a good questions. My trainer had me lifting every other day and doing cardio the remaining days. Usually we did 12-15 reps, 4-5 sets, 3-5 exercises per bodypart. That worked well and I grew at a reasonable rate. The guys that cycle are telling me that I will need to lift at least 5 days a week for real gains when I decide to cycle.