Do you change your routine while on a cycle?
- 06-10-2013, 10:45 PM
- 06-10-2013, 11:59 PM
I always increase load on cycle and go with more power movements. I end up benching, squatting, dead lifting, and pulling heavy (5 rep range) 2-3 days a week, and then work in some very high rep movements to stretch and pump those areas more.
Then my next 6 weeks off cycle I will go down to 2 days a week using the above.
Then my bridge between cycles I usually dedicate a body part a day and use mostly 8-10 rep range.
- 06-11-2013, 12:07 AM
personally, no but I know others who add in more volume and/or frequency since cycle comes with increased recovery. Something like PHAT would be fun"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
06-16-2013, 04:12 AM
I would start the 'new' routine just before cycle, so I can see and feel the difference when I'm on.
Only difference would be volume maybe...on cycle I always feel like doing more and I can get a way with that
PCT is the time what seperates te boys from the men.
OLYMPUS UK REP
06-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Thats a good questions. My trainer had me lifting every other day and doing cardio the remaining days. Usually we did 12-15 reps, 4-5 sets, 3-5 exercises per bodypart. That worked well and I grew at a reasonable rate. The guys that cycle are telling me that I will need to lift at least 5 days a week for real gains when I decide to cycle.
Similar Forum Threads
- By lboston in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-28-2013, 12:48 PM
- By uvawahoowa in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 09-21-2012, 05:01 PM
- By Sad_que in forum AnabolicsReplies: 33Last Post: 03-10-2011, 10:01 PM
- By jnino in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-30-2008, 04:38 PM
- By dazilla in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM