Why do you workout/compete?

njphysique

Awards
As an Andro Factory sponsored athlete and a NPC Men's Physique competitor I thought to start a thread with the question:

Why do you workout/compete?

I look forward to hearing what you all say. I will post my reason as well. If you want to see my Andro Factory Bulk-Up/Contest Prep log head over to the Andro Factory section.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
As a sponsered athlete, what sport do you do?

njphysique

Awards
I'm a NPC Men's Physique competitor. My next show is Aug 3rd NPC Tri-State Championships in NJ.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i workout to compete in powerlifting. i won my last 2 meets, one at 220 (competed at 207) the other at the 198 (competed at 193) weight class. im recovering from a knee injury and am thinking of dropping down to 181 to see if i can win in 3 weight classes.

i used to train and compete in swimming (11yrs), track and road racing (4yrs), sprint triathlons (3yrs), kickboxing (PKA rules, super featherweight, 2 years).

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I second Ozzie. I train/lift to compete and to better myself. I won my last meet at 220 and will compete Sept at 198. I have a list of goals I want, planned out over the next couple years. That's what drives me. I'm making a better me, in my eyes.

njphysique

Awards
That's awesome guys. Planning ahead is the key to success.

I compete to prove everyone wrong. I was always the skinnier funny guy who lacked overall muscle size. Now with 2 competitions under my belt I am poised to keep improving. If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. I work really hard in the gym and make sure every meal I eat is exactly what my coach tells me to. I also take supplements from my sponsor Andro Factory which has given my noticeable improvements over the past month.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right now I train because I love it, and I want to look and act (move) the part. As an exercise science professor and performance consultant, it helps to be able to "walk the walk".

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
To be fit as I can in a very competitive sporting environment and also, be more youthful as I get older. I enjoy the competition and it drives me harder to be faster, fitter and healthier.

I talk the talk, but also walk the walk.

njphysique

Awards
Right now I train because I love it, and I want to look and act (move) the part. As an exercise science professor and performance consultant, it helps to be able to "walk the walk".
That is a great response. Where do you teach at? I graduated 10 yes ago from West Chester University of PA with a B.S. in Exercise Science.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i train because i enjoy the attention and for health reasons

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is a great response. Where do you teach at? I graduated 10 yes ago from West Chester University of PA with a B.S. in Exercise Science.
This year I had a lecturer position at the University of Kentucky. I'm starting a professor position this fall at Coastal Carolina University in SC.

mayhem99

mayhem99

Awards
I used to be a alcoholic and it keeps me sober and happy but i also train to better my self and my life. I some day wish to compete in strong man/crossfit or if nothing else just be strong.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. You'll have to stay on your P's&Q's with that addiction or addiction and I wish you good luck in your endeavors.
Lol. You realize P's and Q's is an expression meaning Pints and Quarts right? Not giving you a hard time just thought it was a weird choice for that sentence.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
it keeps me sane and away from hard drugs used to be quite the heroin addict now just juice, weed and the occasional drink. still working on quitting smoking though.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This year I had a lecturer position at the University of Kentucky. I'm starting a professor position this fall at Coastal Carolina University in SC.
Good stuff Jason...!

I can't even imagine NOT training. I think I have always been rather "physical". I am not really a team player per se. I like to do things, where the effort is from a single person.
I have trained for 25 years. My biggest competition is always against myself.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Congrats