What's your warm up for legs?

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Usually I do HIIT on the treadmill but I find that this burns me out and I have the leg strength to go heavy or rep depending on the routine of the week. Maybe a light jog and stretching? Advise?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Usually I do HIIT on the treadmill but I find that this burns me out and I have the leg strength to go heavy or rep depending on the routine of the week. Maybe a light jog and stretching? Advise?
There was an article pinpointing how stretches actually effects you negatively . you'll have to dig to find it. But I just do bw squats, light bike riding and that's pretty much it.

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I read that from a few here but didn't research it. Stretching was a daily practice prior to soccer. I'll have to check out the rationale with weights. Thanks.

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
Body weight squats, hops and lunges. Same warm up all the time and works great. My wife does it also.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5' light treadmill, DiFranco's Agile 8, 5' or so light Prowler pushes & drags, a few hip exercises from Supple Leopard.

Warm up for both squat & dead day takes me about 20', but I'm loose, mobile & ready to go.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
There was an article pinpointing how stretches actually effects you negatively . you'll have to dig to find it. But I just do bw squats, light bike riding and that's pretty much it.
That is generally static stretching but doesn't transfer to dynamic or other forms of stretching

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
My warm-up routine: Light jog with squats and lunges (5 minutes), hip mobility work (MWOD) and some dynamic stretching then proceed with 3 sets at 3 reps of 40-50-60% of my 1rm then go into my program.

jo1054

jo1054

Awards
I start squatiing with the bar for about 20 reps going slow
Then 135 doing pause squats then some stretching
Then 225 slow squats then stretch then start my routine

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Foam roll
Active mobility work (probably similar to DeFranco's or Supple Leopard)
Glutei activation, concentrated hip flexor static stretching
Core activation
3 x 4 @ 40,50,60% 1 RM
GO!