What do you do? No squat rack.

virago88

virago88

Awards
I've just moved to a rural location, nearest town has a gym - but only for senior citizens- go figure! Anyway I've set my own gym up at home. But I have one problem. Last night I almost killed myself trying to get barbells up to do my squats. So my question: what do you do when you don't have a squat rack?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
learn to clean and do front squats. or do steinborns.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
check out homegymbodybuilding.com

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Zerchers
Hip Belt squats
Deads
Deads standing on blocks
Hack lifts

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
yea id go with zerchers or goblet squats. or dumbell lunges if you have sme good dumbells

virago88

virago88

Awards
Great thanks a lot will have to give all these a go and see what works best for me.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
When I don't have time to hit the gym and squeeze in a workout at home I do sets of dumbbell lunges, goblet squats, and squats with heavy dumbbells at my sides. Making these pause squats and adding TUT can help as well, or supersetting multiple variations together to really hit your legs.

virago88

virago88

Awards
When I don't have time to hit the gym and squeeze in a workout at home I do sets of dumbbell lunges, goblet squats, and squats with heavy dumbbells at my sides. Making these pause squats and adding TUT can help as well, or supersetting multiple variations together to really hit your legs.
Awesome idea. Think I have found a solution.