thoughts on dr squat article

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have had this bookmarked for years and used it in the past. i was just thinking, what a great place to see what others think of this.

Finding The Ideal Training Split | Dr. Squat - Dr. Fred Hatfield
It's an interesting read. Vaguely makes me think of the articles reflecting Pripelin's Chart with what optimal sets & reps are for every percentage and that everyone requires something different. I think this can help answer a lot of the recent "design my split" and "how often can I train chest" threads.

<--this being said from the guy with no formal education on the matter

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Posting to read later.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a hell of an article. Without sounding like a zealot, it's hard to argue with Dr Squat.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
That's a hell of an article. Without sounding like a zealot, it's hard to argue with Dr Squat.
i know! lol.

i have tried to use it over the years and it is hard to put into practice. it can get crazy complicated. i have found to simplify i will use that to decide how many times a week i may hit a body part and use that guideline in rep/set ranges. it is hard to fit it all into a 3 or 4 day a week program especially when you self regulate your workout.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow, that is a really interesting article.

Be interesting to know if it was used with success. It makes a lot of sense and I am not of the knowledge or experience to argue with it; not even close.

EDIT: I see what you mean by being hard to implement. You would really have to either have a ton of free time, or little responsibility outside of work; especially if you have different tolerances for different body parts.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Subbed to find it later.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Oh man, that's a good find ozzy. Will read later and give thoughts...