Single arm ext
    Single arm push down

What should I do next??

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Change up tempo do a 4/0/X style of training or drop sets
  3. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have a video of an intense tricep routine you can try. I will send you a PM.

Ben
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You NEED some sort of lying triceps extension in there (i.e.: skull crusher). The long head of the triceps make up about 1/3 of the overall arm girth. The long head is also not fully recruited during typical pressing exercises as the short and medial heads are. We can talk more about the ins and outs of this, but basically in a successful skull crusher your upper arm will be fixed in place with the shoulder flexed to 90 degrees (i.e.: straight up and down) and the elbows must stay in line with the shoulders the whole time. You can do these with a variety of resistance, barbells, cambered bar, dumbbells, or cables. But, if your goal is big arms, they are a must.

Jason Cholewa, Ph.D., CSCS
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Awesome^

I would only add rolling Tricep extensions, JM press, and close grip press to that list above me
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    You NEED some sort of lying triceps extension in there (i.e.: skull crusher). The long head of the triceps make up about 1/3 of the overall arm girth. The long head is also not fully recruited during typical pressing exercises as the short and medial heads are. We can talk more about the ins and outs of this, but basically in a successful skull crusher your upper arm will be fixed in place with the shoulder flexed to 90 degrees (i.e.: straight up and down) and the elbows must stay in line with the shoulders the whole time. You can do these with a variety of resistance, barbells, cambered bar, dumbbells, or cables. But, if your goal is big arms, they are a must.

Love skullcrushers! I'll go directly into a superset of close grip press right after a set of those and that hits em hard!
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Wouldn't Tate's hit this or would the non-fixed elbow shift emphasis?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Probably more so than the typical close grip, and I think it is a much more useful movement towards increase bench press...but as far as targeting the long head for hypertrophy purposes, not as much.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.

Due to a surgery I had on my arm I cannot rotate my left arm over. I have trouble with crushers. I thought tate press would be a decent substitute.

What else can I try donng

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 04:35 PM
  2. looking for a good value on fish oil
    By biggun2181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 01:21 PM
  3. looking for a good during wo supp
    By biggun2181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 09:37 AM