Help with making a split for my next "creatine" cycle - AnabolicMinds.com

Help with making a split for my next "creatine" cycle

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    White Menace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Focus: shoulders and arms

    Can train 5 days a week max
    Was thinking
    ABABC

    C is shoulders arms

    Not sure if anabolics talk I allowed in this sub forum so
    Also for experienced bicyclists. What sort of overall volume do you do per muscle group
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com

  2. Senior Member
    OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,383
    Rep Power
    465995

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    did you just refer to creatine as an anabolic?
  3. New Member
    White Menace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    did you just refer to creatine as an anabolic?
    Opposite no idea if anabolics allowed on This section
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,252
    Rep Power
    2309013

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    did you just refer to creatine as an anabolic?
    I think he doesn't realize that AAS is openly discussed here so he replaced it with the word creatine. I'm hoping that's it at least. That's just the optimist in me.

    Menace-You haven't even given us any sort of information whatsoever to help you out either..
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  5. New Member
    White Menace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    I think he doesn't realize that AAS is openly discussed here so he replaced it with the word creatine. I'm hoping that's it at least. That's just the optimist in me.

    You haven't even given us any sort of information whatsoever to help you out either..
    I was thinking:
    Push
    Pull
    Push
    Pull
    Shoulders arms
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  6. Senior Member
    OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,383
    Rep Power
    465995

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    i know im not seeing a cyclist that doesnt train legs
  7. New Member
    White Menace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    i know im not seeing a cyclist that doesnt train legs
    Was thinking of legs with either pull or push
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  8. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,252
    Rep Power
    2309013

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by White Menace View Post

    I was thinking:
    Push
    Pull
    Push
    Pull
    Shoulders arms
    No. Your overloading your shoulders. They're being worked with all your pressing and pulling movements so adding an additional day for shoulders will possibly hinder your results
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  9. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,252
    Rep Power
    2309013

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by White Menace View Post

    Was thinking of legs with either pull or push
    Why not upper/lower/upper/lower
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  10. New Member
    White Menace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    Why not upper/lower/upper/lower
    Not enough volume
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  11. Senior Member
    OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,383
    Rep Power
    465995

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    I think he doesn't realize that AAS is openly discussed here so he replaced it with the word creatine. I'm hoping that's it at least. That's just the optimist in me.

    Menace-You haven't even given us any sort of information whatsoever to help you out either..
    optimism gone yet?
  12. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,252
    Rep Power
    2309013

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post

    optimism gone yet?
    yes
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  13. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,252
    Rep Power
    2309013

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by White Menace View Post

    Not enough volume
    Volume doesn't mean the amount of days you train.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  14. Senior Member
    PumpHouse's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Power
    106513

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I don't know how to ride a bike, is it rough on the shoulders?
  15. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    Volume doesn't mean the amount of days you train.
    I usually do 47 sets of bicep curls in the squat rack. Then proceed to flex shirtless for 30 minutes. Really works the ribletts you know?
  16. New Member
    White Menace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Can't do legs more than once due to knee problems

    Monday:legs
    Tuesday push
    Wednesday pull
    Thursday: push
    Saturday push
    ?!
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  17. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,310
    Rep Power
    333202

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Maybe you should learn to use training wheels first?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  18. Senior Member
    PumpHouse's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Power
    106513

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post

    I usually do 47 sets of bicep curls in the squat rack. Then proceed to flex shirtless for 30 minutes. Really works the ribletts you know?
    Not enough volume.
  19. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,252
    Rep Power
    2309013

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by White Menace View Post
    Can't do legs more than once due to knee problems

    Monday:legs
    Tuesday push
    Wednesday pull
    Thursday: push
    Saturday push
    ?!
    Don't do steroids.

    Try a 4 or 5 day split, push/pull, or upper/lower
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  20. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    Don't do steroids.

    Try a 4 or 5 day split, push/pull, or upper/lower
    Technically he can use whatever compound he wants. Just saying. I doubt he has a knee injury he just is afraid to squat . We have s curl bro on out hands
  21. Senior Member
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297848

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    To the OP: Check out layne's PHAT program...and stick with real creatine.

    To everyone else...what the hell has happened to the quality of the discussions here in the past few months? Is it because college is just getting out and summer is around the corner? Or am I just waking up to notice how stupid sounding my species has become..........
  22. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,989
    Rep Power
    1838744

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I don't deal well with regular mono but micronized or MCC works well.

    Don't go all fancy.
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  23. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,310
    Rep Power
    333202

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    To the OP: Check out layne's PHAT program...and stick with real creatine.

    To everyone else...what the hell has happened to the quality of the discussions here in the past few months? Is it because college is just getting out and summer is around the corner? Or am I just waking up to notice how stupid sounding my species has become..........
    Drowning in a sea of misinformation...

    This thread is not an aberration by any means. This is every commercial gym USA. To the defense of posts like this thread this isn't new and it probably did sound good in OPs head from what he sees. IMO people learn most from what they see. He should listen to what you and Sean have said bc you two had his best interest in mind.

    I think I speak for everyone when I say it is invaluable to have posters like yourself with the knowledge/experience/ability to help keep checks and balances in the forums.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  24. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,252
    Rep Power
    2309013

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    PHAT would def be a good option. It'll have the volume that he wants, if he can except lifting 5 times a week instead of 6. Menace- PHAT will have you training your legs twice a week. I know you mentioned havin knee problems, but If you can work your legs once a week and cycle, then I'm sure you'll be fine to train them twice. IMO people that say they have knee problems, really just have weak lower bodies and don't do anything to strengthen it. I don't know if that's your case though

    I just hate the idea of people going into cycles without training in check. To me, ideally, the people on AAS should have the most experience with diet and training because, ideally, they should have done everything possibly to maximize their gains naturally. That's never the case though.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  25. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Legs one day because of knee problems. *cough* bull**** *cough*

    Legs one day because they're f'n hard, and nobody sees them more like it.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  26. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,310
    Rep Power
    333202

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    If it is a real knee problem I feel for you OP, BUT it could be you squat wrong and travel your knees over your feet instead of staying vertical and forcing you knees to the side and sitting your hamstrings/glutes backward.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  27. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    If it is a real knee problem I feel for you OP, BUT it could be you squat wrong and travel your knees over your feet instead of staying vertical and forcing you knees to the side and sitting your hamstrings/glutes backward.
    From my experience, there are very few knee problems that cannot be overcome if one is so inclined. I tend to agree with you-likely doing it wrong.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  28. Elite Member
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,310
    Rep Power
    333202

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

    From my experience, there are very few knee problems that cannot be overcome if one is so inclined. I tend to agree with you-likely doing it wrong.
    I agree. With the litany of info out there things can be done to help most cases. I found after some discussions with people in real life most people squat wrong, and most of them are taught wrong. Vicious cycle man. So many people squat by simply bending the knees and putting loads of pressure on the front of the foot; without good teaching how would they know better?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  29. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,182
    Rep Power
    3319956

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    When you said ABABC, what did the A and B stand for?

    I think in your case an upper/lower/upper/lower would work well.

    Also, that other last template you had is just awful. 3 push days over 1 pull day? I'm just going to be straight with you; if you think thats a good idea then you lack the knowledge to program a programme for yourself. You'll end up with all kinds of postural and muscular imbalances that way. Get on a proven program and get off the steriods; get your training down first.

    Others had some good suggestions; P.H.A.T works well; google it and give it a shot for at ;east 6 months or so, the less you tinker and jump from one template to the next, (while still periodising and things) the better.
  30. New Member
    pmdied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    287
    Rep Power
    12355

    Reputation

    Once I ditched the running shoes and went flat footed (socks only or Converse) my knees felt great and my weights went up significantly. I'm 39 btw, so these things do work well..
  31. New Member
    White Menace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Legs one day because of knee problems. *cough* bull**** *cough*

    Legs one day because they're f'n hard, and nobody sees them more like it.
    Got a decent routine down guys

    Pretty much :
    Chest arms
    Back shoulders
    Legs
    Rest/repeat

    Leg issue. Doing squats 3x a week and motocross weekly isn't good for joints.
    I actually love doing squats.
    Leg press is fine imo but the other exercises I hate.
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  32. New Member
    White Menace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    PHAT would def be a good option. It'll have the volume that he wants, if he can except lifting 5 times a week instead of 6. Menace- PHAT will have you training your legs twice a week. I know you mentioned havin knee problems, but If you can work your legs once a week and cycle, then I'm sure you'll be fine to train them twice. IMO people that say they have knee problems, really just have weak lower bodies and don't do anything to strengthen it. I don't know if that's your case though

    I just hate the idea of people going into cycles without training in check. To me, ideally, the people on AAS should have the most experience with diet and training because, ideally, they should have done everything possibly to maximize their gains naturally. That's never the case though.
    Tbh I have natty training down solid. My biggest issue was trying to bring triceps and shoulders up hence for that extra push day in which I was going to skip chest.
    In which I was not sure about training frequency while cycling as most have different opinions.
    My goal right now overall is to try and get y ffmi >24 up to 26 as fast as I could. Especially seeing as I was 16 when I started.

    It sounds as if I'm defending myself cos of being arrogant. I apologise. Been in a ****ty mood for the past 2 months due to not being as to sleep in past 6 every morning.
    Taking a week off from lifting to allow myself to recover.
    I've learnt that to bring up a body part. Ad in an extra session or increase volume. Which is almost the same thing.
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  33. Senior Member
    OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,383
    Rep Power
    465995

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    To the OP: Check out layne's PHAT program...and stick with real creatine.

    To everyone else...what the hell has happened to the quality of the discussions here in the past few months? Is it because college is just getting out and summer is around the corner? Or am I just waking up to notice how stupid sounding my species has become..........
    its you waking up to how stupid humans have become
  34. Senior Member
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    101786

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by White Menace View Post
    Tbh I have natty training down solid.
    uhm, simply put, no you dont. and in a more complicated way, not even close. you dont even list intensity, sets, reps, rest, etc. and just by the body part split you show a massive lack of knowledge of training. i can only imagine how worse it will get if we saw everything else you think is solid training.

    as other that are far better educated than you have recommended, get on a proven program like PHAT for at least 6 months if not a year. dont change it, tweak it, or ruin it in any other way cause you cant make it better. there is a reason why its a proven program. thousands have done it gotten results and that is a far greater success story than you getting results on anything you have done.

    for your body's sake, please, get on a proven program. while on that year long program, come back and read, ask, learn. and maybe, just maybe in that year you can learn what proven program you will do next. after several years of that you may be able to decide your own accessory work while on a proven program for the main lift. and yes, i said lifts, not body parts. of course i am biased as i dont bodybuild, i build my body instead.

    remember, its a marathon not a sprint.

    here is a lesson i have learned after being in sports for more than half my life and being an athletic trainer for 9 years, stop doing your own programs. get on a proven program. ya ya ya. i know, im beating a dead horse. seriously though, the last few years while i approach 40 i am now stronger then ever and all i have done in that time was coan/phillipi deadlift program with 5/3/1 for everything, followed by a year of westside, and 5/3/1 since jan 1st. thats it. simple, and its working.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  35. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied View Post
    Once I ditched the running shoes and went flat footed (socks only or Converse) my knees felt great and my weights went up significantly. I'm 39 btw, so these things do work well..
    I've heard that works well I'm going to snag a pair of converse tomorrow or something flat. Running shoes blow for squating and deadlifting. I second phat. That program worked so well but prepare to get tired and burnt out the volume is intense. I grew a good amount on it and now I structure all my lifts with older and hypertrophy days branching off of phat.
  36. New Member
    White Menace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post

    uhm, simply put, no you dont. and in a more complicated way, not even close. you dont even list intensity, sets, reps, rest, etc. and just by the body part split you show a massive lack of knowledge of training. i can only imagine how worse it will get if we saw everything else you think is solid training.

    as other that are far better educated than you have recommended, get on a proven program like PHAT for at least 6 months if not a year. dont change it, tweak it, or ruin it in any other way cause you cant make it better. there is a reason why its a proven program. thousands have done it gotten results and that is a far greater success story than you getting results on anything you have done.

    for your body's sake, please, get on a proven program. while on that year long program, come back and read, ask, learn. and maybe, just maybe in that year you can learn what proven program you will do next. after several years of that you may be able to decide your own accessory work while on a proven program for the main lift. and yes, i said lifts, not body parts. of course i am biased as i dont bodybuild, i build my body instead.

    remember, its a marathon not a sprint.

    here is a lesson i have learned after being in sports for more than half my life and being an athletic trainer for 9 years, stop doing your own programs. get on a proven program. ya ya ya. i know, im beating a dead horse. seriously though, the last few years while i approach 40 i am now stronger then ever and all i have done in that time was coan/phillipi deadlift program with 5/3/1 for everything, followed by a year of westside, and 5/3/1 since jan 1st. thats it. simple, and its working.
    So doing a typical program which doesn't adhere to any muscle imbalances I myself could have, means that ill be get healthier or look generic as I got **** proportions.
    Exactly what is wrong with the splits? They adhere to the proportions I'm trying to build
    Aka need bigger shoulders and triceps to catch up to the rest of my body.
    Lets go over how to bring up a lagging body part shal we; add more overal weekly volume by A: increase frequency of that body part
    B: add More Sets to the body part

    Now if bodybuilding is a marathon. Why do people consistently search for ways to train more optimally to grow faster?
    It's our nature? Yes.
    And last I checked push pull was a proven split.
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  37. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,252
    Rep Power
    2309013

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    push/pull is a proven split. legs/push/pull/push/push is not. you don't imbalance your training to make up lagging muscle groups. yes, train what you're lagging in, but everything still has to be proportionate.

    pushing one day, then pushing the day after, then looking for a 6th workout day right after isn't effective training.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  38. New Member
    White Menace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    push/pull is a proven split. legs/push/pull/push/push is not. you don't imbalance your training to make up lagging muscle groups. yes, train what you're lagging in, but everything still has to be proportionate.

    pushing one day, then pushing the day after, then looking for a 6th workout day right after isn't effective training.
    Fair enough.
    Just took a look at the phat and its almost identical to what I made in terms in terms of sets.
    Might actually add a few sets of strength work with the main exercises (DL , squat bench rows)
    Does seem like a good idea.
    Splits the same as the hypertrophy part of the routine
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  39. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,182
    Rep Power
    3319956

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    If you have lagging body parts then you can manipulate volume on any given workout day to get those lagging parts to catch up, rather than decreasing/ increasing frequency of other days. Keep the days the same (push/pull/legs/push/pull) or whatever (personally I think upper/lower/upper/lower work well as it forces balance between the upper and lower body) but instead just drop back a few sets on those groups you think are ahead of the rest.

    IMO this works better than having an imbalanced routine from the offset and allows you to adjust as you need while ensuring you recover adequetly between muscle groups.
  40. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,252
    Rep Power
    2309013

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by White Menace View Post
    Fair enough.
    Just took a look at the phat and its almost identical to what I made in terms in terms of sets.
    Might actually add a few sets of strength work with the main exercises (DL , squat bench rows)
    Does seem like a good idea.
    Splits the same as the hypertrophy part of the routine
    Don't change his program. The dude that wrote it is smart as ****.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 04:58 PM
  2. I Need Help For My Next Cycle
    By Leigh123 in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 11:18 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 10:35 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
  5. Replies: 156
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 02:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in