Help with making a split for my next "creatine" cycle - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Help with making a split for my next "creatine" cycle

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

^ yep don't change anything, that layne himself doesn't approve.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by White Menace View Post
    So doing a typical program which doesn't adhere to any muscle imbalances I myself could have, means that ill be get healthier or look generic as I got **** proportions.
    Exactly what is wrong with the splits? They adhere to the proportions I'm trying to build
    Aka need bigger shoulders and triceps to catch up to the rest of my body.
    Lets go over how to bring up a lagging body part shal we; add more overal weekly volume by A: increase frequency of that body part
    B: add More Sets to the body part

Now if bodybuilding is a marathon. Why do people consistently search for ways to train more optimally to grow faster?
    It's our nature? Yes.
    And last I checked push pull was a proven split.
    this is what i read, "i aint gonna listen. i know my shiznits yo fool. i know my body and you dont know me." seriously kid. i have heard this before and i have every time proven the individual wrong. i have seen it said by others and other that are more experienced and more and better educated have proven them wrong. i am a long time veteran of forums and this is nothing new and will continue to happen.

now, to attempt to answer your statements so i can then watch you disagree with facts.

you have imbalances due to you using a crappy program that you designed yourself. the eastern bloc countries have shown for decades they are superior in designing strength programs. a key point they focus on is very few movements and they always get strong and they hardly ever have weak links or imbalances. they design well balanced programs. many great proven programs that are recommended today are based upon eastern bloc ideals. in others words they work, they are far better than anything you could design as they were designed by research scientists and proven on thousands of athletes over a span of decades. you would have to live thousands of years and work out that entire time to try and prove that amount of evidence wrong.

many great coaches dont do any prehab work as they dont need it. they only use when it is needed which is when recovering from an injury. are you injured? are your imbalances diagnosed from a professional or just visual imbalances that you think you have?

also, when you come onto an open forum and ask for advice and you are given what you need, listen and learn. if you dont get what you want, it may be what you need, so listen and learn. when you get what you want, it may not be what you need. i gave you what you needed and only want to hear what you want. they are not the same.

as for why people look for faster ways, why not. what does that idea prove. that we are lazy americans that dont want to work for what only hard work will give us. all the great will say common things like, work hard and work consistently and that is the reason why they are great. liek ronnie colean once said, everybody wants to be be big but no one wants to move big weights. well there is a reason he is a great, he worked hard and worked consistently. and it also took him what, 10, 15, 20 years of hard work to get there. most will never get them over a lifetime of working as they want shortcuts and are not willing to work.

now, you dont have to listen to anything i have said as i have a feeling you wont anyways. you can continue on with half ass results with your half ass plans and your half ass effort and get no where. so i write this more for the benefit of others. so that they may learn how to get better results and not make the mistakes you want to make every day.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Aka "my shoulders suck, better hit em 3x/week". How bout noooo.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I don't even know what's getting argued now. I mentioned my new split was similar to the hypertrophy days on phat. Now Apparently Im doing phat but modifying it? No I'm not.
    I got no interest in doing a strength routine which seems like people think I'm doing.
    This forums is more whatever than puahate.com
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post

this is what i read, "i aint gonna listen. i know my shiznits yo fool. i know my body and you dont know me." seriously kid. i have heard this before and i have every time proven the individual wrong. i have seen it said by others and other that are more experienced and more and better educated have proven them wrong. i am a long time veteran of forums and this is nothing new and will continue to happen.

now, to attempt to answer your statements so i can then watch you disagree with facts.

you have imbalances due to you using a crappy program that you designed yourself. the eastern bloc countries have shown for decades they are superior in designing strength programs. a key point they focus on is very few movements and they always get strong and they hardly ever have weak links or imbalances. they design well balanced programs. many great proven programs that are recommended today are based upon eastern bloc ideals. in others words they work, they are far better than anything you could design as they were designed by research scientists and proven on thousands of athletes over a span of decades. you would have to live thousands of years and work out that entire time to try and prove that amount of evidence wrong.

many great coaches dont do any prehab work as they dont need it. they only use when it is needed which is when recovering from an injury. are you injured? are your imbalances diagnosed from a professional or just visual imbalances that you think you have?

also, when you come onto an open forum and ask for advice and you are given what you need, listen and learn. if you dont get what you want, it may be what you need, so listen and learn. when you get what you want, it may not be what you need. i gave you what you needed and only want to hear what you want. they are not the same.

as for why people look for faster ways, why not. what does that idea prove. that we are lazy americans that dont want to work for what only hard work will give us. all the great will say common things like, work hard and work consistently and that is the reason why they are great. liek ronnie colean once said, everybody wants to be be big but no one wants to move big weights. well there is a reason he is a great, he worked hard and worked consistently. and it also took him what, 10, 15, 20 years of hard work to get there. most will never get them over a lifetime of working as they want shortcuts and are not willing to work.

now, you dont have to listen to anything i have said as i have a feeling you wont anyways. you can continue on with half ass results with your half ass plans and your half ass effort and get no where. so i write this more for the benefit of others. so that they may learn how to get better results and not make the mistakes you want to make every day.
    Dude. You sound like you know what you're talking about. And I do agree with every bit of advice you post.... But this is a forum. And the way you come off makes me want to rage and rebel against you whether your right or wrong. If you want your good advice to be used (which I'm assuming you're here to help) and not be wasted, maybe tone it down I bit.

Not here to start a war. Just letting you know how my worthless ass is perceiving the situation.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't even know what's getting argued now. I mentioned my new split was similar to the hypertrophy days on phat. Now Apparently Im doing phat but modifying it? No I'm not.
    I got no interest in doing a strength routine which seems like people think I'm doing.
    If that works for you then run with it. Its good to understand the basis of how to make a good routine (i.e. balance, progression etc.) and then use that to build up a template of your own. Have a look into P/RR/S which, i did try for about a month but found it didn't fit my goals but it might better fit yours.

IMO nothing beats 5/3/1 + bbb template with a hypertrophy acessory template that hits muscle groups 2x per week.

Now go get hyoooge.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Well I still think you're a vag for doing legs once a week and everything else as much as possible, but that's just me.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

Well I still think you're a vag for doing legs once a week and everything else as much as possible, but that's just me.
    Haha. Tbh it all comes down to how I'm recovering and time restraints on whether I can get to the gym 6 days a week. If I can get to the gym 6 times that week. Ill do legs twice. Most weeks I don't have time for that. I'm not scared of training legs. Although they are last on priorities.
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

If that works for you then run with it. Its good to understand the basis of how to make a good routine (i.e. balance, progression etc.) and then use that to build up a template of your own. Have a look into P/RR/S which, i did try for about a month but found it didn't fit my goals but it might better fit yours.

IMO nothing beats 5/3/1 + bbb template with a hypertrophy acessory template that hits muscle groups 2x per week.

Now go get hyoooge.
    That looks really interesting. I might incorporate that idea. Thanks
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Haha. Tbh it all comes down to how I'm recovering and time restraints on whether I can get to the gym 6 days a week. If I can get to the gym 6 times that week. Ill do legs twice. Most weeks I don't have time for that. I'm not scared of training legs. Although they are last on priorities.
    thats a pretty bad philosophy. you always give the kegs the shaft like that?

a better balance would be 5days a week with lower body being 2. not twice as much upper body as lower body
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post

thats a pretty bad philosophy. you always give the kegs the shaft like that?
    Nah. Not usually.
    If I can't get legs twice a week I usually do sprints. But lately my knee and shins have been ****ing up
    Check out my site!
    www.swolhq.com
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Nah. Not usually.
    If I can't get legs twice a week I usually do sprints. But lately my knee and shins have been ****ing up
    you cant leave details out like that. if you hiit train, its a different scenario because aint no fukin way youre gonna be hitting legs several times a week with hiit sessions going on
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    you cant leave details out like that. if you hiit train, its a different scenario because aint no fukin way youre gonna be hitting legs several times a week with hiit sessions going on
    he keeps adding in info lol, just let him do what he wants to do. if he doesn't want to lift legs then might as well not force him to do anything he doesn't want to do.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

If you like a half body split, I personally think the easiest way is just to look at how DoggCrapp split up his bodyparts. You don't need to follow his rep and stretch guidelines per se, but the split is conveniently laid out for you.
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

bench/accessories
    squat/accessories
    deads/accessories

repeat
  16. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bossman523 View Post
    bench/accessories
    squat/accessories
    deads/accessories

repeat
    Where is the shoulder and trap work? Very important for posture and upper body strength
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Where is the shoulder and trap work? Very important for posture and upper body strength
    Trap work? Deadlifts. No need to do trap work.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post

Knowing how to program the accessory work negates this issue. That's a very broad outline but your accessory work can and should absolutely be geared towards addressing weak points and imbalances.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bossman523 View Post
    bench/accessories
    squat/accessories
    deads/accessories

repeat
    OHP should be in there.
  20. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

OHP should be in there.
    Thank you.

Point rehashed
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

good point. and rows