Tips on how to cut - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Tips on how to cut

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My personal knowledge and opinions come from

1. Common sense
    2. Trial and error
    3. Asking questions and gaining from other people's experience who are way smarter than I am.
    4. Learned knowledge.
    5. And lastly....failing over and over lol and over and over... Haha

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Science doesn't change, the methodologies behind the studies do. One study might forget one variable and thus draw wrong conclusions, or perhaps there are confounders to the situation which skew the results.

An example just from something I was doing today was the effect of an intra workout CHO supplement. Previously, it was shown that only 30-60g of exogenous CHO per hour could be oxidised; however this is dependant on which glucose transporters are used. The older studies didn't realise this and thus lead to the recommendation of 30-60. It is now shown that by incorporating a GLUT-5 transporter you can increase oxidation up to 80-90g/h.

You also have to be VERY weary of the conclusions media and scientists draw from the conclusions; i.e. the most misinterpreted studies that I come into contact with are those that assume dietary fat causes obesity when this is not so. That is a product of eating too much. It just so happened that those people they studied ate more on a higher fat diet.

Little things such as a undetected vitamin defieciency can skew results on an unrelated study.

When these things are taken into account and a study is planned exactly the same using the same parameters, you will likely replicate the same results each and every time

If you read a study, you have to be able to pick it apart and understand it and crictically analyse it otherwise you fall victim to misinterpretation.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Science doesn't change, the methodologies behind the studies do. One study might forget one variable and thus draw wrong conclusions, or perhaps there are confounders to the situation which skew the results.

An example just from something I was doing today was the effect of an intra workout CHO supplement. Previously, it was shown that only 30-60g of exogenous CHO per hour could be oxidised; however this is dependant on which glucose transporters are used. The older studies didn't realise this and thus lead to the recommendation of 30-60. It is now shown that by incorporating a GLUT-5 transporter you can increase oxidation up to 80-90g/h.

You also have to be VERY weary of the conclusions media and scientists draw from the conclusions; i.e. the most misinterpreted studies that I come into contact with are those that assume dietary fat causes obesity when this is not so. That is a product of eating too much. It just so happened that those people they studied ate more on a higher fat diet.

Little things such as a undetected vitamin defieciency can skew results on an unrelated study.

When these things are taken into account and a study is planned exactly the same using the same parameters, you will likely replicate the same results each and every time

If you read a study, you have to be able to pick it apart and understand it and crictically analyse it otherwise you fall victim to misinterpretation.

You are correct and I misspoke when I said science when what I meant was the methodology. To your point of being very weary of conclusions that the media, authors, books, and so called experts draw from science to push their own agenda is exactly my point.

Science is great when and only when logic is used along with it.
    •   

4. New Member

Join a gym and do cardio workout. All cardio workouts are best for cutting specially running,jogging and cycling. If you want to get more information then visit our site.
  5. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MarkHerry View Post
    Join a gym and do cardio workout. All cardio workouts are best for cutting specially running,jogging and cycling. If you want to get more information then visit our site.
    Some truly bad advice there.
    My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Wow.. Just wow
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    Some truly bad advice there.
    i LOLed at your comment!
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would like to visit your site for more information. Can you please provide it for us?
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

i LOLed at your comment!
    pleasure
    My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html
  10. New Member

Good Nutrtition+Good Training+Cardio+Recovery= Beast

1.Good Nutrition
    Look for Carb Cycling use it and if u don't happy with results after CarbCycling try Keto diet and u will see results.

2.Good Training
    Light Weight>More Sets>More Reps Slit or Whole Body training.

3.Cardio
    Do after weight training on Treadmil or Eliptical Machines, don't do on statick Bike!
    When u don't training better go out and run or go in gym and do what i said before.

4.Recovery
    Sleep alot *night sleeping*

*Suplements*
    If u want u can use Whey protein and something that can boost ur Energy, maybe fat burner.

This is what i can said and soon I will use this same thing i've said to you. Wish you good luck and cut yourself like beast and F*CK all GIRLS
  11. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Iron View Post

1.Good Nutrition
    Look for Carb Cycling use it and if u don't happy with results after CarbCycling try Keto diet and u will see results.

2.Good Training

3.Cardio
    Do after weight training on Treadmil or Eliptical Machines, don't do on statick Bike!
    When u don't training better go out and run or go in gym and do what i said before.

4.Recovery

*Suplements*
    If u want u can use Whey protein and something that can boost ur Energy, maybe fat burner.

This is what i can said and soon I will use this same thing i've said to you. Wish you good luck and cut yourself like beast and F*CK all GIRLS
    You should explain that training a little more. Not sure how lighter weight =\= more sets
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

if lighter weight, high reps works for you, then great. For me, when i cut, I lift heavy as i can.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

13. New Member

You should explain that training a little more. Not sure how lighter weight =\= more sets
    Getting Lean: More Reps, Less Weight

Here’s the other side of what Schenk was getting at earlier. He still recommends doing all the same fundamental exercises (squats, lunges, pulling/pushing exercises), but with the opposite spin. “Aim for a higher rep count with lighter weights, maybe 15 or so, with decreased rest time,” Schenk says. The more active and constant your workout regimen is, the better chance you have of achieving a body with a lot of lean muscle. In general, try to keep activity levels high during your workouts, without much rest time in between exercises. Of course, leaning your regimen more toward cardio than heavy weight training is also something you’ll want to do.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Eat clean, eat less. No need to modify your weight training protocol AT ALL. The high rep stuff for cutting is nonsense.

Diet, diet, diet.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    if lighter weight, high reps works for you, then great. For me, when i cut, I lift heavy as i can.
    Word.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Light weight? Um... not unless I have the flu or something. That's a fkn lame post dude.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I suppose you have all the tips on how to "tone" as well?
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I suppose you have all the tips on how to "tone" as well?
    Urethane dumbbells & spot reducing sit ups. Boom, you're ripped son!
  19. New Member

Here’s the other side of what Schenk was getting at earlier. He still recommends doing all the same fundamental exercises (squats, lunges, pulling/pushing exercises), but with the opposite spin. “Aim for a higher rep count with lighter weights, maybe 15 or so, with decreased rest time,” Schenk says. The more active and constant your workout regimen is, the better chance you have of achieving a body with a lot of lean muscle. In general, try to keep activity levels high during your workouts, without much rest time in between exercises. Of course, leaning your regimen more toward cardio than heavy weight training is also something you’ll want to do.
    No.

You get shredded by diet and quality muscle mass. You maintain muscle mass through lifting heavy.

That simple.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Eat clean, eat less. No need to modify your weight training protocol AT ALL. The high rep stuff for cutting is nonsense.

Diet, diet, diet.

Truth. Calories in versus calories out.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post

Truth. Calories in versus calories out.
    Lies.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.

Man, I am sitting in the bleachers watching this one. Someone may get hurt.......

:-0
  23. New Member

Lies.
    To an extent it's truth... That IS how you cut.... Not the smartest mindset to use though.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Lies.
    I agree. When managing macros, fat loss can be far more complicated than that.
  25. New Member

Ok... your problem.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

I did this, and I accidentally all my muscle.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I did this, and I accidentally all my muscle.
    ...?
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

1.Good Nutrition

2.Good Training

3.Cardio

4.Recovery

*Suplements*

i disagree with almost everything u have mentioned
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    i disagree with almost everything u have mentioned
    I think most of us do.
  30. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDog479 View Post

No.

You get shredded by diet and quality muscle mass. You maintain muscle mass through lifting heavy.

That simple.
    I agree 100% I usually do a 5x5 themed upper lower split that goes 6 days a week (low volume)
  31. New Member

I think most of us do.
    He's right about the sleep...
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Google this ****, if you really wanted to know you would have found a way to cut. If it doesn't work try something else you find on google, everyone's different.. Don't rely on other people to do it for you.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

He's right about the sleep...
    True. Sleep is glorious.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post
    Google this ****, if you really wanted to know you would have found a way to cut. If it doesn't work try something else you find on google, everyone's different.. Don't rely on other people to do it for you.
    everyones different? are we not all homo sapiens? do we not all have the same anatomy and therefore the same physiology?

how are we all different? how are the mechanisms different for everyone?

why is that doctors, who have to have a large in depth understanding of anatomy and physiology, only study one anatomy if we are all different? why do they only study one physiology if we are all different?

to be different, couldnt one say that we are all different. in that we have different anatomy and different physiology. if we are different there different species of humans? or does it go further up the chain, like genus or family.

and what is wrong about asking a question? why reinvent the wheel. why not learn from other have done, kind of like what happened when you went to school. you did go to school right?
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

im from middle earth, so..........
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    im from middle earth, so..........
    lol. rock on.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Lies.

Wrong. Re read this entire thread. It'll do you some good.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

I agree. When managing macros, fat loss can be far more complicated than that.

Nope. Law of thermo dynamics which has been explained in this thread by someone a lot smarter than myself.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Nope. Law of thermo dynamics which has been explained in this thread by someone a lot smarter than myself.

the law of thermodynamics is a theory, it is not a fact. as a fact, it has to be 100% accurate and science has shown that it is not. therefore, not a fact.

a theory is:

1. A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be...: "Darwin's theory of evolution"
    2. A set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based: "a theory of education"; "music theory".
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post

everyones different? are we not all homo sapiens? do we not all have the same anatomy and therefore the same physiology?

how are we all different? how are the mechanisms different for everyone?

why is that doctors, who have to have a large in depth understanding of anatomy and physiology, only study one anatomy if we are all different? why do they only study one physiology if we are all different?

to be different, couldnt one say that we are all different. in that we have different anatomy and different physiology. if we are different there different species of humans? or does it go further up the chain, like genus or family.

and what is wrong about asking a question? why reinvent the wheel. why not learn from other have done, kind of like what happened when you went to school. you did go to school right?
    If I'm an endomorph and he's a mesomorph then yes we're different smartass.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Any tips on how to quit Coffee/Caffeine?
    By Elit3 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 09:44 AM
  2. Tips on how to eat more
    By newman897 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 10:44 AM
  3. Top 10 Tips on How to Be the Best Dad
    By yeahright in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 03:43 PM
  4. Any tips on how to develop a smaller waiste?
    By Got2bbig in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 07:22 AM
  5. need some tips on how to lose the belly fat...
    By cobain67 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 10:47 AM