Tips on how to cut

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post

-healthy grains still exist today and in more of an abundance than 100 years ago.
    Not sure about that. Granted my only source on this is Wheat Belly. But if you've ever driven across America, you may have noticed many abandoned grain silos. These are a thing of the past, as Monsanto and others have patented their non-reproducing grains. Also, there is a difference in the outer layers of 'new' wheat grains that is incredibly inflammatory in our digestive systems.
    That's about all I know at this moment.
    •   

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

Good read thanks for that. I myself have Crohn's disease so controlling inflammation is my primary goal.

3. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Good read thanks for that. I myself have Crohn's disease so controlling inflammation is my primary goal.
    What are your methods to control inflammation? For me, it's no grains, low n6 fats, and lots of n3 supps. But I was wondering what else you may do

4. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

Not sure about that. Granted my only source on this is Wheat Belly. But if you've ever driven across America, you may have noticed many abandoned grain silos. These are a thing of the past, as Monsanto and others have patented their non-reproducing grains. Also, there is a difference in the outer layers of 'new' wheat grains that is incredibly inflammatory in our digestive systems.
    That's about all I know at this moment.

I will have to Check out wheat belly. And yes being a Nebraska kid I would agree about abandoned grain silos.
    •   

5. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Books are published to make money
    does that also apply to the thousands of research articles referenced in the bibliography? Should those be disregarded due to them being in a book.

I can see ignoring a book with a few references, even a few dozen. But when we can reference thousands of research articles it starts to make me think there is something to be learned. When so many researchers can reproduce the same results to me that is a huge step towards going from theory to law.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

6. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    When so many researchers can reproduce the same results to me that is a huge step towards going from theory to law.
    I believe that's called science. But I suppose not all believe. Reminds me of when I was in college in Kansas and the state banned teaching anything related to human evolution in schools. People had bumper stickers that said, "What's next, Gravity?"

7. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post

does that also apply to the thousands of research articles referenced in the bibliography? Should those be disregarded due to them being in a book.

I can see ignoring a book with a few references, even a few dozen. But when we can reference thousands of research articles it starts to make me think there is something to be learned. When so many researchers can reproduce the same results to me that is a huge step towards going from theory to law.

What I was over stating is that what happens or tends to happen especially in our society is that people will read a book or two and all of a sudden it becomes law. I have not read the book so really I cannot say either way, and i cannot comment about its validity, but it seems as a few of the books points which you have referenced from are being at least challenged by jiigzz research articles on this very thread.

My only point being that thousands of research articles are published each year proving one thing and then 2 years later another thousand are published proving the exact opposite.

8. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post

What I was over stating is that what happens or tends to happen especially in our society is that people will read a book or two and all of a sudden it becomes law. I have not read the book so really I cannot say either way, and i cannot comment about its validity, but it seems as a few of the books points which you have referenced from are being at least challenged by jiigzz research articles on this very thread.

My only point being that thousands of research articles are published each year proving one thing and then 2 years later another thousand are published proving the exact opposite.
    If you can ignore thousands of research articles as next year someone may state something different then how do you ever form any knowledge on anything that is anything other than opinion?

If science is not enough then there is no reason to continue here with our discussion. I know that I cannot change someones mind. That I can only offer new information that can allow you to form a new opinion. Believe what you want to believe. As Neil Degrasse Tyson once said, the great thing about science is that it does not require your belief.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

9. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post

If you can ignore thousands of research articles as next year someone may state something different then how do you ever form any knowledge on anything that is anything other than opinion?

If science is not enough then there is no reason to continue here with our discussion. I know that I cannot change someones mind. That I can only offer new information that can allow you to form a new opinion. Believe what you want to believe. As Neil Degrasse Tyson once said, the great thing about science is that it does not require your belief.

Im not ignoring the research by any means, but what I'm saying is the science that you believe doesn't mean it's correct and it doesn't necessarily mean it is incorrect. You see thats the thing about science it is always changing.

Here is an example :

Consider the story of homocysteine, an amino acid that for several decades appeared to be linked to heart disease. The original paper detecting this association has been cited 1,800 times and has led doctors to prescribe various B vitamins to reduce homocysteine. However, a study published in 2010--involving 12,064 volunteers over seven years--showed that the treatment had no effect on the risk of heart attack or stroke, despite the fact that homocysteine levels were lowered by nearly 30 percent.

Gum disease was thought to lead to heart disease and was backed up by a ton of scientific research, well come to find out there is not a link between gum disease and heart disease.

Furthermore Science assumes certain values in order for it to work without being able to prove the validity of these values. Honesty being the chief among these values.

New technology, sample size, control groups, dependent or independent variables, causation, all play a roll in research and science.

--My personal belief is that science is enough only when coupled with common sense.

Just to be clear I agree with a lot of what you say and a lot of the science behind it. I myself eat very little to moderate carbs and do not believe in a high carb diet by any means. Saying that, I believe sometimes we as a people, myself included latch on to an idea or new science or new research and believe it to be fact and want everyone else to believe it that way and the only way when more often than not its just not the case.

Bottom line is that what works for you might not work for me regardless of what science is behind it and to basically tell someone they are wrong because its not "your" way of doing things and "your" way is backed by a bunch of research articles some of which can and have and will be disproven isn't helpful.

10. My personal knowledge and opinions come from

1. Common sense
    2. Trial and error
    3. Asking questions and gaining from other people's experience who are way smarter than I am.
    4. Learned knowledge.
    5. And lastly....failing over and over lol and over and over... Haha

11. Science doesn't change, the methodologies behind the studies do. One study might forget one variable and thus draw wrong conclusions, or perhaps there are confounders to the situation which skew the results.

An example just from something I was doing today was the effect of an intra workout CHO supplement. Previously, it was shown that only 30-60g of exogenous CHO per hour could be oxidised; however this is dependant on which glucose transporters are used. The older studies didn't realise this and thus lead to the recommendation of 30-60. It is now shown that by incorporating a GLUT-5 transporter you can increase oxidation up to 80-90g/h.

You also have to be VERY weary of the conclusions media and scientists draw from the conclusions; i.e. the most misinterpreted studies that I come into contact with are those that assume dietary fat causes obesity when this is not so. That is a product of eating too much. It just so happened that those people they studied ate more on a higher fat diet.

Little things such as a undetected vitamin defieciency can skew results on an unrelated study.

When these things are taken into account and a study is planned exactly the same using the same parameters, you will likely replicate the same results each and every time

If you read a study, you have to be able to pick it apart and understand it and crictically analyse it otherwise you fall victim to misinterpretation.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Science doesn't change, the methodologies behind the studies do. One study might forget one variable and thus draw wrong conclusions, or perhaps there are confounders to the situation which skew the results.

An example just from something I was doing today was the effect of an intra workout CHO supplement. Previously, it was shown that only 30-60g of exogenous CHO per hour could be oxidised; however this is dependant on which glucose transporters are used. The older studies didn't realise this and thus lead to the recommendation of 30-60. It is now shown that by incorporating a GLUT-5 transporter you can increase oxidation up to 80-90g/h.

You also have to be VERY weary of the conclusions media and scientists draw from the conclusions; i.e. the most misinterpreted studies that I come into contact with are those that assume dietary fat causes obesity when this is not so. That is a product of eating too much. It just so happened that those people they studied ate more on a higher fat diet.

Little things such as a undetected vitamin defieciency can skew results on an unrelated study.

When these things are taken into account and a study is planned exactly the same using the same parameters, you will likely replicate the same results each and every time

If you read a study, you have to be able to pick it apart and understand it and crictically analyse it otherwise you fall victim to misinterpretation.

You are correct and I misspoke when I said science when what I meant was the methodology. To your point of being very weary of conclusions that the media, authors, books, and so called experts draw from science to push their own agenda is exactly my point.

Science is great when and only when logic is used along with it.

13. Join a gym and do cardio workout. All cardio workouts are best for cutting specially running,jogging and cycling. If you want to get more information then visit our site.

14. Quote Originally Posted by MarkHerry View Post
    Join a gym and do cardio workout. All cardio workouts are best for cutting specially running,jogging and cycling. If you want to get more information then visit our site.
    Some truly bad advice there.
    My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html

15. Quote Originally Posted by MarkHerry View Post
    Join a gym and do cardio workout. All cardio workouts are best for cutting specially running,jogging and cycling. If you want to get more information then visit our site.
    Wow.. Just wow

16. Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    Some truly bad advice there.
    i LOLed at your comment!
    BPS Representative

17. Quote Originally Posted by MarkHerry View Post
    I would like to visit your site for more information. Can you please provide it for us?

18. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

i LOLed at your comment!
    pleasure
    My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html

19. Good Nutrtition+Good Training+Cardio+Recovery= Beast

1.Good Nutrition
    Look for Carb Cycling use it and if u don't happy with results after CarbCycling try Keto diet and u will see results.

2.Good Training
    Light Weight>More Sets>More Reps Slit or Whole Body training.

3.Cardio
    Do after weight training on Treadmil or Eliptical Machines, don't do on statick Bike!
    When u don't training better go out and run or go in gym and do what i said before.

4.Recovery
    Sleep alot *night sleeping*

*Suplements*
    If u want u can use Whey protein and something that can boost ur Energy, maybe fat burner.

This is what i can said and soon I will use this same thing i've said to you. Wish you good luck and cut yourself like beast and F*CK all GIRLS

20. Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Iron View Post
    Good Nutrtition+Good Training+Cardio+Recovery= Beast

1.Good Nutrition
    Look for Carb Cycling use it and if u don't happy with results after CarbCycling try Keto diet and u will see results.

2.Good Training
    Light Weight>More Sets>More Reps Slit or Whole Body training.

3.Cardio
    Do after weight training on Treadmil or Eliptical Machines, don't do on statick Bike!
    When u don't training better go out and run or go in gym and do what i said before.

4.Recovery
    Sleep alot *night sleeping*

*Suplements*
    If u want u can use Whey protein and something that can boost ur Energy, maybe fat burner.

This is what i can said and soon I will use this same thing i've said to you. Wish you good luck and cut yourself like beast and F*CK all GIRLS
    You should explain that training a little more. Not sure how lighter weight =\= more sets

21. if lighter weight, high reps works for you, then great. For me, when i cut, I lift heavy as i can.
    BPS Representative

22. Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    You should explain that training a little more. Not sure how lighter weight =\= more sets
    Getting Lean: More Reps, Less Weight

Here’s the other side of what Schenk was getting at earlier. He still recommends doing all the same fundamental exercises (squats, lunges, pulling/pushing exercises), but with the opposite spin. “Aim for a higher rep count with lighter weights, maybe 15 or so, with decreased rest time,” Schenk says. The more active and constant your workout regimen is, the better chance you have of achieving a body with a lot of lean muscle. In general, try to keep activity levels high during your workouts, without much rest time in between exercises. Of course, leaning your regimen more toward cardio than heavy weight training is also something you’ll want to do.

23. Eat clean, eat less. No need to modify your weight training protocol AT ALL. The high rep stuff for cutting is nonsense.

Diet, diet, diet.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

24. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    if lighter weight, high reps works for you, then great. For me, when i cut, I lift heavy as i can.
    Word.

25. Light weight? Um... not unless I have the flu or something. That's a fkn lame post dude.

26. I suppose you have all the tips on how to "tone" as well?

27. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I suppose you have all the tips on how to "tone" as well?
    Urethane dumbbells & spot reducing sit ups. Boom, you're ripped son!

28. Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Iron View Post

Getting Lean: More Reps, Less Weight

Here’s the other side of what Schenk was getting at earlier. He still recommends doing all the same fundamental exercises (squats, lunges, pulling/pushing exercises), but with the opposite spin. “Aim for a higher rep count with lighter weights, maybe 15 or so, with decreased rest time,” Schenk says. The more active and constant your workout regimen is, the better chance you have of achieving a body with a lot of lean muscle. In general, try to keep activity levels high during your workouts, without much rest time in between exercises. Of course, leaning your regimen more toward cardio than heavy weight training is also something you’ll want to do.
    No.

You get shredded by diet and quality muscle mass. You maintain muscle mass through lifting heavy.

That simple.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Eat clean, eat less. No need to modify your weight training protocol AT ALL. The high rep stuff for cutting is nonsense.

Diet, diet, diet.

Truth. Calories in versus calories out.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Any tips on how to quit Coffee/Caffeine?
    By Elit3 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM
  2. Tips on how to eat more
    By newman897 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 11:44 AM
  3. Top 10 Tips on How to Be the Best Dad
    By yeahright in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 04:43 PM
  4. Any tips on how to develop a smaller waiste?
    By Got2bbig in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 08:22 AM
  5. need some tips on how to lose the belly fat...
    By cobain67 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 11:47 AM